Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This round really should have an 'all of the above' option.

COBL's alright I suppose, even if it only sounds best when you're high and dancing in a donkey suit.

The cover sums up how I feel about it pretty much.

Haha true. A mediocre cover for an evenly mediocre album.

Yea really! It is not that the songs are bad. But they could be better. More subtle. Less bombastic. (both musically and lyrically) With better production. Too much of over-the-top theatrics in songs like Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes..., Love and Peace, All Because Of You... heck, practically the whole album! except for maybe Man and a Woman and One Step Closer. And Crumbs! I like that one.

It's the only U2 album that needed to grow on me. It's very mature, esp. lyrically.
Still I rate it only above POP. Though, while I rate Boy and War higher, I am more likely to listen to Bomb.
The production of Bomb is just shit. The live version of Sometimes ... that they did on BBC's Jonathan Ross' show before the album was released is one of my favourite U2 live moments. Then it all went pear shaped.

Love & Peace ... is my least favourite.
The title alone makes it worse than All because of you

COBL's alright I suppose, even if it only sounds best when you're high and dancing in a donkey suit.
This.

I can't believe they really considered to swap Streets for COBL. The latter is trying too hard, but failing in every possible way.

The worst part of this album is the double tracked vocals. Bono has never done it well, ever.

Oh man, this. ABOY and Crumbs are marred by them.

They sound like shit on Discotheque too. I don't understand their purpose.

Back
Top Bottom