Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
All Because of You got axed in the last round, leaving eight songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb competing for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have twenty-four hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

But it's OOTS. OOTS. U2 songs don't really get much worse than that.

I'm not sure I've ever been more certain that a song needs to go than I do for OOTS right now.

I love OOTS! I love the video for that song. I saw it for the first time just a few months back. I spent last summer rediscovering that song playing it (the song and the video) over and over. It's really very beautiful. I found at least three different versions of the video. And then there's the Live From Milan version. The live strings added a classy, elegant touch.

So...it's still Crumbs for me.

OOTS must be next.

My favorites: 1. Vertigo, 2. City of Blinding Lights, 3. Miracle Drug, 4. Love & Peace or Else, 5. Crumbs, 6. SYCMIOYO

Original of the Species is actually one of the better songs on this record.

Crumbs is by far one of the worst.

Making the current voting results completely unsurprising.

You are the first one of your kind.

It's a toss up for me between Love and Peace, Oots or Crumbs. Oh, I guess also A Man and a Woman. Hmmmmm.

Original of the Species is great...One of the best u2 songs of that decade. Far better than the generic, U2 by the numbers Crumbs and Miracle Drug which will likely survive longer on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9rQ8lkQ5c

On a side note, is this single version of OOTS around for purchase anywhere? Can't seem to find it.

No. Only released as a promo cd. And it sells for outrageous prices on ebay.

On a side note, is this single version of OOTS around for purchase anywhere? Can't seem to find it.

There are certain people on this site who have digital copies of it and would be willing to send it if you were to send such a person your email address via PM. I hear that the guy who runs the Best Song Survivor series is one of them.

And here's another good version for those who haven't heard it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKVj_A30-HA

I find it interesting that OOTS was the third-highest ranked song from HTDAAB in the Rate the Song Series last year, but it's no the chopping block so early here. I didn't know that so many people disliked it... this is kind of shocking to me. That's not to say that either result is more right than the other, but I really like OOTS, and I always thought that we as a collective generally would put it in at least the top half of Bomb.

OOTS is literally everything horrible about 00s U2 in four minutes. Patently dumb lyrics, cloying music, Bono kneels like 3-4 different times, etc. Really a disaster on every level.

Original of the Species is great...One of the best u2 songs of that decade. Far better than the generic, U2 by the numbers Crumbs and Miracle Drug which will likely survive longer on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9rQ8lkQ5c

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this video. :love: Great, now I'm going to be watching this video for the rest of the weekend...step away from the computer...Bono has so much emotion in it. I love from 3:30 on. Wish those glasses would come off more often these days.

It has such a great message for girls and woman (motherhood), actually for everyone to remember to be true to who you are. That seems to get lost as we get older.

I still don't get why Bomb is hated so much. It was very well received by critics and won nine Grammy awards. If the albums is as some people call it"U2 at their most U2ish" then shouldn't it be well liked by members of this forum?

I still don't get why Bomb is hated so much. It was very well received by critics and won nine Grammy awards. If the albums is as some people call it"U2 at their most U2ish" then shouldn't it be well liked by members of this forum?

No

I like it. A lot of good songs...not many great, but good. (I'd put Vertigo, COBL, Miracle Drug on my "great" list. Torn on SYCMIOYO).

Just wondering how a GREAT song like Mercy was left off the album. Was it for run length? Would've replaced "one step closer" with Mercy, and made Mercy the album closer.

Original of the Species is a beautiful song with a beautiful sentiment and people that don't like it can tell me how my ass tastes.

So, basically the people who attack Bomb for being too U2ish are saying that they don't like U2...

So, basically the people who attack Bomb for being too U2ish are saying that they don't like U2...

The definition of "U2ish" stems from the Joshua Tree selling well. They have a whole lot of music that sounds nothing like HTDAAB, thankfully.

I don't even see how HTDAAB is much like "U2ish" JT at all, aside from the obvious COBL comparisons to Streets.

... they don't like U2 being a pastiche of U2 cliches.

Back
Top Bottom