Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Original of the Species was eliminated in the last round. Remaining are seven songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, competing for two prizes: slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have twenty-four hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

hmm, tough, either SYCMIOYO or LAPOE would be my choice now. But I've a feeling Crumbs is about to die so I'll hold my vote for a bit.

Crumbs is still here? What's this? Chalk up a win for the champions of sub-mediocrity...in a song dressed up with sanctimonious sincerity supposedly about third world debt delivered unconvincingly.

The recent tie indicates that perhaps my decision to abstain from voting this round was in error.

So Crumbs is barely mediocre, but Miracle Drug isn't?
Again, I'm missing the hive consensus here. If there's some performance of Miracle Drug that makes it really great, I'd like to hear it. Seriously. Right now it doesn't do much for me.

Almost all the songs on this record hover somewhere around average...Crumbs just stands out because it's just a rare truly awful song floating around in a sea of mediocrity. Neither Miracle Drug or OOTS are stand out U2 songs, and would be B-Sides on any other record but they're practically Streets when compared to Crumbs.

Crumbs is still here? What's this? Chalk up a win for the champions of sub-mediocrity...in a song dressed up with sanctimonious sincerity supposedly about third world debt delivered unconvincingly.

The recent tie indicates that perhaps my decision to abstain from voting this round was in error.

Almost all the songs on this record hover somewhere around average...Crumbs just stands out because it's just a rare truly awful song floating around in a sea of mediocrity. Neither Miracle Drug or OOTS are stand out U2 songs, and would be B-Sides on any other record but they're practically Streets when compared to Crumbs.

Sometimes what you say drives me crazy, and sometimes I think that it is spot-on. This is one of the cases of the latter.

Sometimes I like Crumbs. Sometimes I don't.

I like it enough this morning to vote for A Man and a Woman.

With a leedle bit of cooperation people, we can contrive a triple elimination and get through this sea of shite album a leedle bit quicker.

Clearly COBL and Vertigo are most likely to win, though Miracle Drug has a dark horse chance...maybe.

Love and Peace or Else. Really want Crumbs to hang around for another round or so... But I will vote for Crumbs if Man & Woman is threatened in the next round.

Voted Crumbs.

But WOW... I forgot how AVERAGE this album is until I see all the song titles listed together. I do not feel motivated to listen to ANY of these songs. This album has not aged well with me. I don't think any of the tracks are particularly BAD, but just BLAGH!

Crumbs is easily one of the more listenable and enjoyable songs on the album. It has its flaws, but literally every track on this album has its flaws. What a weak collection of songs.

I was going to vote SYCMIOYO because it's such a fucking boring, tedious song, but I don't care if LAPOE doesn't make the finals so I might just hold onto my vote for now and see how things pan out. Still, LAPOE >>>>>>>>>> SYCMIOYO. At least something happens in LAPOE.

I was going to vote SYCMIOYO because it's such a fucking boring, tedious song, but I don't care if LAPOE doesn't make the finals so I might just hold onto my vote for now and see how things pan out. Still, LAPOE >>>>>>>>>> SYCMIOYO. At least something happens in LAPOE.

I can remember being SO MOVED by SYCMIOYO the first time I heard it, which was when I watched U2 play on SNL the week before HTDAAB was released. But I seriously don't think I've even listened to the song in a few years. The "SIIIIIIIING" part should be explosive, but the lifeless production keeps the dynamics of the song flatlined.

LAPOE was the "difficult rocker" of the album that took a few listens to appreciate, but was later found to be awesome. Now, I get nothing from it, and all I can think about is Bono beating that stupid drum!

Also, I thought Miracle Drug was so beautiful, and that COBL was one of the best songs they ever released. That said, I actually appreciate AMAAW and Yahweh much more now that I used to.

What does that have to do with the song itself?

And wasn't actually Sunday Bloody Sunday that led into that version of Bullet? The whole anti-war theme notwithstanding.

Love and Peace or Else is the worst song title U2 has ever done. Also, it's Bono's worst lyrics probably.

Back
Top Bottom