Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No big deal maybe, since mostly everyone participating knows the drill, but just in case: Shouldn't this say to vote for your least favorite song, not against it. Just in case it confuses anyone just joining. Anyway, not trying to be nitpicky at all, just trying to help. :reject:

I consider it a vote against, not a vote for. But it doesn't really matter.

Miracle Drug is among the least offensive songs that I've ever heard, but it's also among the least interesting.

Agreed, the most boring, pointless song they've ever released. Terrible mistake to put it 2nd on the album, totally destroys the momentum built up by Vertigo. How the fuck it made it to 3rd place is beyond me, though I guess it shows the lack of decent songs on HTDAAB.

Hate to add to the tidal wave of votes for Miracle Drug but ultimately I did. Edge's solo and verse are much better than anything in Vertigo, but as a whole song Vertigo is superior - Miracle Drug has some substantial flaws in its first half. If they'd got rid of the dumbest lyrics, e.g. "...newborn baby's head", and got Edge to sing more, maybe it'd have been a better song!

Of course, if this were Native Son vs Miracle Drug, it'd have been much easier to make that vote. Native Son is one of the best HTDAAB era tracks.

Vertigo and COBL are so overrated around here it is not even funny.

BOTH songs sound forced, almost like they were conciously trying to recreate songs from the past.

Specially COBL, that is so obviously desperate trying to be STREETS.

Streets is transcedental.

COBL is forced and annoying. That keyboard note sequence is as boring as it can be. The drums were really badly recorded, this song goes nowhere.

I know it's unpopular opinion around here and i'm not trying to convince anyone.
Yes, yes and did I say ''yes''?

Definitely agree that MD was an awful choice for the second song on this record...it absolutely kills the momentum begun by Vertigo. I remember the first time listening to this record straight though and thinking "huh...what was that?". Of course with the exception of COBL it was pretty much all downhill from there and never got much better.

A really odd choice for the second track.

I quite like Miracle Drug. Nice chorus and solo. Didn't think Vertigo would be that popular.

Miracle Drug beating Sometimes ? Interesting.

At least COBL and Vertigo are correctly ahead of the pack.

Definitely agree that MD was an awful choice for the second song on this record...it absolutely kills the momentum begun by Vertigo. I remember the first time listening to this record straight though and thinking "huh...what was that?". Of course with the exception of COBL it was pretty much all downhill from there and never got much better.

A really odd choice for the second track.

"Love and Peace Or Else" should have been track #2, then it wouldn't have been so overshadowed and also kept up the rock tone set by "Vertigo".

"Miracle Drug" would have been a great tune to have in the second half of the album which is pretty lackluster. Cut "Crumbs From Your Table" entirely and give "Fast Cars" the 11th slot and the album would be considerably better.

Back
Top Bottom