Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World was sent drunkenly stumbling out of our competition in the last round. That leaves eleven songs from Achtung Baby vying for four slots in the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

okay, I have no idea. I love these songs, all of them. So much. Maybe Zoostation or EBTTRT is a weaker track than the rest?

While I have grown sick and tired of One, I cannot yet vote for it. Some part of me remembers how epic and awesome that song was upon the album's release.

I will instead vote for a song I probably should like, but, never really have taken to:

Love Is Blindness.

Click Clack.

I have no idea, so I put AB on shuffle and decided whatever came up I would vote for. Then decided the second song that came up I would vote for. Nope, maybe the third. I then went through the whole album. So that didn't work.

I'm randomly picking Acrobat. If nothing else, I'll vote alphabetically.

Gotta go for Horses. The album mix is just a little too bombastic for my tastes. Still a stellar song, but Lanois dropped the ball at the mixing desk.

While I have grown sick and tired of One, I cannot yet vote for it. Some part of me remembers how epic and awesome that song was upon the album's release.

I will instead vote for a song I probably should like, but, never really have taken to:

Love Is Blindness.

Click Clack.

yes

So Cruel. Some decent lyrics can't save it from sounding like shit.

So Cruel for me as well. It functions wonderfully within the scope of the album, but as a stand-alone track I'm not sure it is up to par with what remains.

So Cruel. Some decent lyrics can't save it from sounding like shit.

From the bottom of my heart, for you...

1341588162_7265_hearing%20aid.jpg

:wink:

Sad to see TTTYAATW leave first, which is obligatory I think in all survivors.

Acrobat and Wild Horses are next on the chopping block for me. So Cruel won't be missed, so happy for it to go now.

Will be pushing for Zoo Station to progress.

From the bottom of my heart, for you...

1341588162_7265_hearing%20aid.jpg

:wink:

I'd suggest you may need to use that yourself, if you think So Cruel has redeeming qualities. Are you SURE you didn't get a defective copy with one of the good b-sides pressed in So Cruel's place? :wink:

I'd suggest you may need to use that yourself, if you think So Cruel has redeeming qualities. Are you SURE you didn't get a defective copy with one of the good b-sides pressed in So Cruel's place? :wink:

Hehehehe... So cruel is an awesome song, with mature and devastating lyrics and an emotional performance by Bono in the best vocal moment of his career.
What else you can ask for a U2 song?

Hehehehe... So cruel is an awesome song, with mature and devastating lyrics and an emotional performance by Bono in the best vocal moment of his career.
What else you can ask for a U2 song?
I didn't know So Cruel was recorded somewhere between 1984 and 1989?

Despite that I voted for So Cruel, I quite like the song.

I didn't know So Cruel was recorded somewhere between 1984 and 1989?

Despite that I voted for So Cruel, I quite like the song.

Maybe that was the time Bono had more power in his voice, but Bono's singing "technique" in the early 90's is my favourite moment by far.

Maybe that was the time Bono had more power in his voice, but Bono's singing "technique" in the early 90's is my favourite moment by far.

Agreed. Screaming doesn't necessarily equal emotion. Although much of Bono's 80's singing does have a lot of emotion, I think one of his most emotional studio songs is actually Love Is Blindness. The trepidation and vulnerability in his voice is heartbreaking. So Cruel is in that similar vein.

But lets please not make this into an argument about 80's Bono vs. everything else. Yes, fine- 80's Bono had a powerful, emotional voice. But emotion can also be shown through restraint, control and technique.

cobl04 said:
Australian Football Video represent

As amazing as Zoo Station was on Decade That Delivered, I love the other music that was used on that documentary just as much.

Tried Shazaaming it for no luck, bloody vocals over the top. Might just be stock music anyway

Back
Top Bottom