Best Song Survivor: 2004-09 Miscellaneous Round - fixed poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top two songs proceed to the semi-finals. Please vote for all the songs you wish to proceed, but preferably no more than five.

Welcome to the 2004-09 Miscellaneous round in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from this album will proceed to the 2000s semi-final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the 2000-02 round, The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Electrical Storm were sent to the 2000s semi-finals. This round will determine the two final qualifiers and the semi-finals will begin tomorrow.

If anybody's wondering why The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew is here, it's because Bono and Edge are two of the primary songwriters (more than we can say for TGBHF) and its original recording is credited to all of U2, plus others. Unlike covers such as The Saints Are Coming, I believe it satisfies the criteria for "original" songs.

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

2000S SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Beautiful Day
2. Walk On
3. Kite
4. Vertigo
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. Magnificent
7. Moment Of Surrender
8. Breathe
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
10. Electrical Storm

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
77 votes: Electrical Storm
70: The Ground Beneath Her Feet
42: Stateless
28: Summer Rain
25: Levitate
23: The Hands That Built America
16: Always
14: Flower Child
9: Big Girls Are Best, Love You Like Mad
(Total votes: 96 - mercy ruled)

Christ, hope this poll is right now.

My vote is for Native Son, Smile, Fast Cars, and NLOTH II. Not sure which two I want to be the two qualifiers ... probably Smile and NLOTH II.

NLOTH2, Native Son, Are You Gonna Wait Forever, Window in the Skies.

FWIW, my favorite two of these four are Native Son and NLOTH2.

I decided to stick with just two as well. I wonder how different the outcome of these types of rounds would've been if people only could vote for two.

Funny enough, my two choices are the newest ones here: NLOTH2 and Winter.

I will never understand the love NLOTH 2 gets around here, some days it just sounds like everything that was wrong with post-2000 U2 mainly because Edge's guitar in it is so boring, Adam and Larry do a decent job though

Fast Cars.

The rest isn't worth it. Why not combine the two Miscellaneous rounds into one big 2000-2009 round?

Afraid NLOTHII was going to lose, Axver? :sexywink:

Went with Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, Smile, Native Son and Fast Cars.

Shame to see Stateless didn't make it through there, and Electrical Storm winning, it's not that good.

The smoke machine is yours not mine...

Fast Cars, Window In The Skies, Winter

NLOTH2 is a mediocre song.

NLOTH >>>>>>> NLOTH2 :edge: *Bryan Eno Smile*

I will never understand the love NLOTH 2 gets around here, some days it just sounds like everything that was wrong with post-2000 U2 mainly because Edge's guitar in it is so boring, Adam and Larry do a decent job though

For me it's 90% about Adam's work on it, and Larry. The bass is just so unlike anything Adam's played before! And I really like the drums too. The guitar is quite boring yes, but it gives a solid backbone to the song so Adam can play around more. I like the extra vibrate-y guitar bits on it too, you can barely hear them in NLOTH I.

And Bongolese > tongues in ears with moaning

Ahhh, not bloody Nloth2! :angry:

Are You Gonna Wait Forever, Alternative Yahweh, Winter and Window In Them Skies

Back
Top Bottom