Best Song Survivor: 2000s Semi Final VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the sixth 2000s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the previous round, Electrical Storm was struck out of the game. It was the last remaining non-album track.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
12. Fast Cars
11. No Line On The Horizon II
10. Vertigo
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
8. Electrical Storm

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
29 votes: Electrical Storm
23: Walk On
14: Breathe
12: City Of Blinding Lights
9: Kite
7: Moment Of Surrender
4: Magnificent
1: Beautiful Day
(Total votes: 99)

Breathe, though I imagine Walk On's probably going to be the loser this round.

I had no idea this place was so down on Walk On. COBL looks like the best option to save it, and it would be my first choice to go anyway. Music is solid, but lyrically it's just mind-bogglingly weak.

I actually kind of like J. Swallow. I mean, it's not like I'd rather listen to it than the entirety of AB... but it's possible that I'd rather listen to it than most of AB!

J. Swallow > One.

Have at it, EYKIW!

My bet on the finalists is BD, Kite, Magnificent, MOS.

Breathe

and as promised, i will once again mention that it's bullshit that you all voted off Fez - Being Born. you should be ashamed of yourselves.

MOS

Magnificent is the only great song here. Classic songs like The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Unknown Caller, White As Snow and Cedars Of Lebanon been already eliminated. :sigh:

But I think right now that Magnificent is the best U2 song of the 2000s, so I'm satisfied, after all. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom