Best Song Survivor: 2000s Semi Final V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth 2000s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round, The Ground Beneath Her Feet disappeared.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
12. Fast Cars
11. No Line On The Horizon II
10. Vertigo
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
29 votes: The Ground Beneath Her Feet
23: Walk On
12: City Of Blinding Lights
11: Electrical Storm
8: Moment Of Surrender
6: Breathe
5: Kite
4: Magnificent
2: Beautiful Day
(Total votes: 100)

The loss of TGBHF has made this final ten times more mediocre. Surprised it left before Walk On and Electrical Storm, since they seem to come in for more crap on this forum than TGBHF ever has.

Oh well, guess it's back to voting for Breathe for me.

Walk On is my 3rd favorite U2 song ever and I think it's the best concert closer they have ever done.

electrical storm is the weakest left...just doesn't have that extra something that makes a great U2 song

Walk On is my 3rd favorite U2 song ever and I think it's the best concert closer they have ever done.

It was a damn good concert closer, but I'd say it was well and truly outdone by 40, Love Is Blindness, and most particularly Bad.

In all honesty, I'd be perfectly happy if U2 closed every show with Bad from now on.

Walk On, along with Miracle Drug it's my least favourite song U2 have ever written. Please go now.

Distraught at the loss of TGBHF, which is an all time classic.

Walk On, I guess. To be honest, BD, Walk On, ES, COBL, Breathe and Kite are more or less on the same level for me. I wouldn't mind voting for all for all of them at the same time.

Breathe. in no way is it the 3rd strongest song on NLOTH. in fact, i'm so disgusted that Fez - Being Born was voted off that i'm going to mention this in every voting thread AND vote for Fez in the finals, even though it's not in the poll.

It was a damn good concert closer, but I'd say it was well and truly outdone by 40, Love Is Blindness, and most particularly Bad.

In all honesty, I'd be perfectly happy if U2 closed every show with Bad from now on.

That would be amazing.

Walk On needs to go. I'm sad about TGBHF. I wish I had been here to help try to defend it.

Breathe. in no way is it the 3rd strongest song on NLOTH. in fact, i'm so disgusted that Fez - Being Born was voted off that i'm going to mention this in every voting thread AND vote for Fez in the finals, even though it's not in the poll.

I second this wholeheartedly.

Though now I'm wondering if I should've voted Walk On to protect ES. That said, with the elimination of TGBHF, I think Walk On just somehow became one of my desired four qualifiers, since most of my favourites are out of contention.

I second this wholeheartedly.

Though now I'm wondering if I should've voted Walk On to protect ES. That said, with the elimination of TGBHF, I think Walk On just somehow became one of my desired four qualifiers, since most of my favourites are out of contention.

yes. i am curious why Walk On has seen a lot of votes too. i always considered it to be one of U2's best tunes of this decade. and the fact that it was an amazing show closer, especially post 9/11, makes it epic.

alanah, bakedpony, bettine, bonocomet, burningedge101, CTU2fan, cypress, dsmith2904, endless_deep, ewilhelm01, glamourgirl, icebergy, ImOuttaControl, Joninhas, kkaider, kpod, Lila64, macfisto, medmo, mysterious_jen, pmusce, polochic36, Roland of Gilead, Shula8205, stagman, thefly418, ThierryHenry, U2DMfan, xtrmx

All fail.

yes. i am curious why Walk On has seen a lot of votes too. i always considered it to be one of U2's best tunes of this decade. and the fact that it was an amazing show closer, especially post 9/11, makes it epic.

Agreed.

I JUST voted Walk On last round in order to save TGBHF but it din´t work :|
It was a difficult choice because I love it.

Breathe now - although I know it won´t save Walk On :sad:

:gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom