Best Song Survivor: 2000s Quarterfinal, Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Vertigo was sent spinning out of this contest in the first round of the 2000s quarterfinal. That leaves eight songs vying for four slots in the 1990s/2000s semifinal. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I mean, this is so obviously Electrical Storm. The single version is okay, I guess, but that's about all I can say positively about it. Vote Electrical Storm off, then we can have an actual discussion about seven very good songs.

Fez. Elimate it and then we can have an actual discussion about seven exceptional songs. It's a good song, but no way in hell it deserves to go any further than the others.

Oh joy, the three songs I really want to go through to the 90s/00s finals - TGBHF, Electrical Storm, and Fez - are the three on the chopping block. :happy:

Time to waste my vote on MOS. Woo. Not as if the other two songs I want to oust, Kite and BD, would be any less of a wasted vote though.

Well this is shitty. My two favorite remaining songs of the 00s are the leading votegetters.

Time to waste my vote on MOS. Woo. Not as if the other two songs I want to oust, Kite and BD, would be any less of a wasted vote though.

If Fez goes this round, I'll cast a vote for Kite next time. Can't help ya on MOS or BD though.

I feel like most of the people voting off Fez just resent its praise or its "status" as "experiemental." Which is probably more frustrating than if they were simply voting it off because it's worse than "The air is heavy, heavy as a truck."

I think Kite is the worst one here right now.

I can somehow even understand the votes for Fez but I simply cannot understand the votes for Ground Beneath. Easily one of the best songs of the decade!

I feel like most of the people voting off Fez just resent its praise or its "status" as "experiemental." Which is probably more frustrating than if they were simply voting it off because it's worse than "The air is heavy, heavy as a truck."

I voted it off because it's worse than TGBHF which is, inexplicably, on the chopping block.

Fez looks gone and fair enough. Going to throw a vote at a song that is somehow escaping scrutiny, NLOTH.

ES encapsulates everything that was wrong with 00's U2. Fez offers a window into what could have been. But I have to go now because my coffee's cold (but it will get me through), and the air is getting heavy...heavy as a truck :doh: :doh: :doh:

I've already explained myself a few times for voting TGBHF, but I'll do it again since we're being asked to. For one, U2 didn't write the lyrics, and I choose to take that into account for my voting. For two, I don't particularly care for them, regardless of who wrote them. Three, the song is okay, but I like it a lot less than all the rest here, and also less than a very huge amount of other U2 songs. I do like the music and I pretty much always enjoy Bono's singing, but again, there is the main reason stated above that I personally would never consider it one of U2's best songs. There you go. :D

The "go lightly down your darkened way" part of the song (great line btw) is one of those magnificently dramatic moments that can only come from songs meant for a film. And how sensuous is that guitar line at the beginning? The only part I kind of dislike is that sort of cheesy keyboard/high pitched organ riff. That's lame. Otherwise, perfect track. Reminds me of 90s U2; dark and classy.

The "go lightly down your darkened way" part of the song (great line btw) is one of those magnificently dramatic moments that can only come from songs meant for a film. And how sensuous is that guitar line at the beginning? The only part I kind of dislike is that sort of cheesy keyboard/high pitched organ riff. That's lame. Otherwise, perfect track. Reminds me of 90s U2; dark and classy.

Along with Stateless I think it's their best song of the 2000s. Beautiful Day is up there too, it's near perfect also, but TGBHF has that dark, classy otherworldiness that LM mentioned that sets it apart.

Yeah, I can't say enough positive things about Stateless. When I listen to it, I feel, well, stateless. Weightless.

Those two MDH classics and MOS embarrass most everything in the list above IMO. Beautiful Day is one of the best pop songs they've ever written and I like everything else there, but those three are in a different league of creativity and palpable atmosphere. It's a real shame that Electrical Storm made it here instead of Stateless.

Electrical Storm is way more enjoyable than Stateless.

That is a good way to put it. I admire Stateless but I enjoy Electrical Storm more.

As for the stupid "heavy as a truck" argument, I have always thought of it as "heavy as a drug" and it makes perfect sense. As a result I only hear him sing drug, not truck. Poof! Problem solved. :wink:

TGBHF in an attempt to save Fez (guess it`s pointless by the votes so far)
Otherwise I would`ve voted COBL

I want to vote for Ground Beneath Her Feet, but my morals are stopping me because I really don't remember that song at all. :lol:
I guess I'll just sit here and take it that you people are killing off Fez. :scream:

Electrical Storm is great, in my top 5 or the 2000s. The WIlliam Orbit version anyway.
I agree completely!

Back
Top Bottom