Best Song Survivor: 2000s Quarterfinal, Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Electrical Storm and The Ground Beneath Her Feet received the most votes in the 2000s non-album round, and advanced to the 2000s quarterfinals. And the 2000s quarterfinal begins now. Nine songs are in quarterfinals, and four will progress to the 1990s/2000s semifinals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I would have said Electrical Storm, but one of the myriad versions is cool.

Vertigo for sure.

What a crappy list compared to the 80s & 90s.

Vertigo. Once it's gone, I'd like MOS, Kite, and BD to follow, in that order.

My easy top three here is TGBHF, Electrical Storm, and Fez. Since four songs make the finals, I'd like NLOTH to join them.

Voting ground beneath in a likely fruitless effort to save Vertigo. Otherwise I'd have voted for fez.

Beautiful Day for me, although I rate Vertigo basically the same.

Top three - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (the only song from this era I would call a truly great U2 song), Kite and City of Blinding Lights

From this list, my top 3-4: The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Electrical Storm, Fez/Being Born - Moment Of Surrender

I voted for TGBHF forgetting that Vertigo was on this list. So, uh, I guess I'll change my vote to Vertigo. Not that it needs any assistance.

Vertilow and Electrical Shitstorm are easily the two worst here. Slabs of banal dad rock, the sound of a band desperately clinging to the relevance they had recaptured, terrified they might lose it again. I fear ES is all but assured progression, but at least the yeah yeah yeah yeah song will get the bullet.

If Fez catches up with Vertigo, I will lose all faith in humanity.

:wink:

Seriously, they're on 2 opposite sides of the U2 spectrum... no wonder they have the highest votes.

Electrical Storm getting to the finals over Stateless was embarrassing but not at all surprising. It's not that ES is bad or anything, it's just that U2 was in a completely awesome creative place for MDH and ES is really solid greatest hits filler.

I think you can close the poll, Vertigo sucks. :tongue:

Edit: I'm horrified that Fez is in second place. :(

Fez. I really like it, but it really doesn't hold a candle to the other songs here and is nowhere near as experimental as some here would have you believe. If "experimental" was the goal of the band, then it's a miserable failure. Good song, but over-rated here.

Vertigo, on the other hand, is the perfect rock song. Great riff, great vocals, catchy as hell, fun and rocking live. Massive worldwide success, so it is the obvious choice to vote off first round these parts.

Vertigo, on the other hand, is the perfect rock song. Great riff, great vocals, catchy as hell, fun and rocking live. Massive worldwide success, so it is the obvious choice to vote off first round these parts.
Hello hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo!

All right, next!

Back
Top Bottom