Best Song Survivor: 1991-98 Miscellaneous Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).

The top two songs proceed to the semi-finals. Please vote for all the songs you wish to proceed, but preferably no more than five.

LWTSH can be considered to cover both the original and the Extended Dance Remix. Vote on the basis of your favourite, and apply this logic to any other songs where you may favour a remix, e.g. Salome. Holy Joe is split because there is no standard mix.

Welcome to the 1990s miscellaneous songs round in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two non-album nineties tracks will proceed to the semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The final round of Pop saw Discotheque get eliminated. That means Mofo, Last Night On Earth, Gone, and Please progress to the nineties semi-finals. Next round will be the first of the semis.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
12. Miami
11. Playboy Mansion
10. If God Will Send His Angels
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
8. Wake Up Dead Man
7. Do You Feel Loved
6. Staring At The Sun
5. Discotheque
1-4. QUALIFIED

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

NINETIES SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Acrobat
5. Zooropa
6. Lemon
7. Stay
8. Slug
9. Your Blue Room
10. Miss Sarajevo
11. Mofo
12. Last Night On Earth
13. Gone
14. Please

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
33 votes: Discotheque
23: Last Night On Earth
11: Mofo
9: Please
3: Gone
(Total votes: 79)

Alex Descends, WDIAGW, LWTSH, HMTMKMKM, and Bottoms for me.

Nearly threw votes at NASOTR and INYB too, but I decided to stick within the five song quasi-limitation.

Alex, Salome, HMTM, and I'm Not Your Baby. I adore Alex, HMTM is obviously awesome, and I've really been digging Not Your Baby lately. And Salome is just good fun. I feel the others were either generally not as good or downright awful.
(I'm looking at you, Sweetest Thing.)

This is sure to be the hyper-predictable round where LWTSH and HMTMKMKM kill everything that stands in their way.

At least this time, the miscellaneous round victors may actually not be the first songs eliminated in the finals. I can see both of them sticking around.

Quite a few on this list!

Alex, LWTSH, Hold me, Holy Joe, North and south of the river(which version btw?), I'm not your baby, Two shots and the Sweetest thing. Yes, I actually like that song.

Lady With the Spinning Head
Slow Dancing '93
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Two Shots of Happiness, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (The Single Mix)

This poll urgently needs more voting for the under-rated awesomeness that is WDIAGW.

Lady With The Spinning Head
Salome
Holy Joe (Garage Mix) :rockon:
North And South Of The River

Lady With The Spinning Head
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing '93
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
North And South Of The River
Slow Dancing '97

HMTMKMKM and Sweetest Thing. Lots of great songs there, but I usually just vote my top songs for the number that is going forward.

Viva Davidoff is getting owned.

I may just mercy rule this round soon ... HMTMKMKM and LWTSH are unassailable.

Well, I can vote for up 5 songs. Here are my faves:

North and South of the River
Sweetest Thing '98
Lady With the Spinning Head
Slow Dancing '93

Oh, there we go, both LWTSH and HMTMKMKM now have leads of 20 votes over their nearest rivals. That settles it.

VOTING CLOSED.

Back
Top Bottom