Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the eighth 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the previous round, Please was eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Slug
15. Miss Sarajevo
=13. Last Night On Earth
=13. Your Blue Room
12. Lemon
11. Mysterious Ways
10. Lady With The Spinning Head
9. Please

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
22: Please
12: HMTMKMKM
9: Acrobat
6: Mofo
4: Stay, Gone
3: The Fly, Zooropa
2: Until The End Of The World
(Total votes: 65)

I'm concerned Acrobat may come under threat, so I'll hold onto my vote for now. If voting for HMTMKMKM is what will protect it, I'll go after that.

I would vote Gone or HMTMKMKM to save Acrobat, but I don't think I could vote any of the others to do it. So I'll wait.
(I'd rather not vote for Gone yet though)

^ I can only speak for me, but there's no hatred here. It's just the least-good song left, and has been so for a few rounds now.

I'm concerned Acrobat may come under threat, so I'll hold onto my vote for now. If voting for HMTMKMKM is what will protect it, I'll go after that.

Mr. Axver...
you disappoint me. :tsk: :tsk:

Btw, holding my vote to save U2's second best song, HMTMKMKM.

Mofo...losing Acrobat would be much worse to me than losing even Pride. My 3rd favorite U2 song of all time would be eliminated

Well I think in order to save Acrobat my vote will have to go to HMTM as that one seems to be holding with the 2nd most votes for a while now.

Yep, looks like HMTMKMKM is the way to protect Acrobat, which I think is U2's best nineties song and the most worthy finalist. The only song I wouldn't vote for to protect Acrobat is Gone. Everything else is below the level of those two.

What the heck is going on? I go to bed with Acrobat having a solid lead, and I wake up to this nonsense...

I would never consider four or so votes "a solid lead".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom