Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the fourth semi-final, Lemon was eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Slug
15. Miss Sarajevo
=13. Last Night On Earth
=13. Your Blue Room
12. Lemon

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
27 votes: Lemon
25: Lady With The Spinning Head
12: Mysterious Ways
8: Mofo
7: HMTMKMKM
6: Acrobat, Please
2: Zooropa, Gone
1: Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Stay
(Total votes: 98)

With Lemon gone and LWTSH under threat, this is an easy vote for Mysterious Ways.

I'm gonna wait n see... I would normally vote MW right now, but you never know what's going to happen round here, I didn't expect Lemon to go last time.

Lemon?! I'm disappointed, EYKIW...

I suppose Mysterious Ways. I like the studio version well enough, but I guess it's gotta go.

:crack: I'll definitely be saving my vote in case this gets ugly with Zooropa. I'll vote MW or Lady easily to save Zooropa.

...although if Mysterious Ways wasn't the obvious choice to vote for to save the beautiful Lady, I'd be voting Please as I like it a tiny bit less than Mysterious Ways.

Mysterious Ways is easily one U2's most triumphant experiments, a downright cracker of a song that deserves progression. Tremendous groove, lovely tune, a reason in itself why u2 are the greatest band of all time.

Gone underwhelms, from an album that overwhelms. I'd prefer to listen to about 8 or 9 tracks from PoP ahead of Gone, including the much-maligned MiaMi, My MaMMy.

You know, when this gets down to 8 or 9 songs, it's going to get kinda nasty.... Especially since this is primarily a 90s-loving forum.

Mysterious Ways is easily one U2's most triumphant experiments, a downright cracker of a song that deserves progression. Tremendous groove, lovely tune, a reason in itself why u2 are the greatest band of all time.

Gone underwhelms, from an album that overwhelms. I'd prefer to listen to about 8 or 9 tracks from PoP ahead of Gone, including the much-maligned MiaMi, My MaMMy.

I find it hard to take this post seriously, firstly for the claim Gone is underwhelming and secondly for calling the album "PoP".

Mysterious Ways is a great song, U2 managed to pull off a really engaging intelligent yet truly funky song. Great riff, great chorus, brilliant synth/strings bit in the middle, great video. I love it and love it more with every passing year.
Please has to go for me, I appreciate that it's a very good song but I never warmed to it and I'm probably the only person on here who hated it live.

Mysterious ways is one of the few 90s U2 songs still on Aussie radio.. well lets say 1 of 2 actually. So to see this being voted for so much already really stuns me!!! It is U2 at thier creative best, no one else has or will make a song anything like it... similar to WOWY and WTSHNN

Mysterious Ways is a great song, U2 managed to pull off a really engaging intelligent yet truly funky song. Great riff, great chorus, brilliant synth/strings bit in the middle, great video. I love it and love it more with every passing year.
Please has to go for me, I appreciate that it's a very good song but I never warmed to it and I'm probably the only person on here who hated it live.

No, you are not. I´m 100% with you !:up: mainly about MW.

4 people voted for Please so far! BRAIN OVERLOAD!!!

I mean, how could they ... :sad:

I'm not sure what I'll vote for once MW is gone. Stay, maybe. Perhaps just whatever's necessary to protect songs I want to make the finals (at this stage, Acrobat, Gone, The Fly, Zooropa, LWTSH).

I'm not sure what I'll vote for once MW is gone. Stay, maybe. Perhaps just whatever's necessary to protect songs I want to make the finals (at this stage, Acrobat, Gone, The Fly, Zooropa, LWTSH).

You and I really need to stop agreeing on 90s stuff. It's scaring me too much.

Whoever's voting for Zooropa fails so hard.

I find it hard to take this post seriously, firstly for the claim Gone is underwhelming and secondly for calling the album "PoP".

I am getting very tired of you acting so elite, belittling the opinions of others, and being so nitpicky. So what if someone called the album PoP?! :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom