Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourth 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The third round was a draw, with Your Blue Room and Last Night On Earth ousted together. Wow, EYKIW, the three Passengers songs are the first three to go; how unpredictable! :rolleyes:

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Slug
15. Miss Sarajevo
=13. Last Night On Earth
=13. Your Blue Room

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
26 votes: Last Night On Earth, Your Blue Room
8: Mysterious Ways
5: Lemon, Please, Lady With The Spinning Head
3: Acrobat, Mofo
2: Gone, HMTMKMKM
1: Stay
0: Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Zooropa
(Total votes: 86)

MW for me. Came down to it or Lemon and I think MW isn't produced as well. Plus Lemon has better lyrics.

Miss Sarajevo should have stayed, but from that list, Slug and Your Blue Room were rightly ousted quickly. Not that they're bad songs, but the rest are better.

And YBR is highly, highly overrated.

Wow, EYKIW, the three Passengers songs are the first three to go; how unpredictable! :rolleyes:
yeah, it's like when viva davidoff "won" worst survivor. wow, a passengers b-side. wasn't expecting that! :sigh:

for now, i'm holding off voting until i see who's voting for what, and to see if i need to protect something.

Miss Sarajevo should have stayed, but from that list, Slug and Your Blue Room were rightly ousted quickly. Not that they're bad songs, but the rest are better.

And YBR is highly, highly overrated.

My ranking of the original sixteen is something like this:

1. Acrobat
2. Gone
3. The Fly
4. Zooropa
5. Slug
6. Lady With The Spinning Head
7. Please
8. Your Blue Room
9. Last Night On Earth
10. HMTMKMKM
11. Mofo
12. Stay
13. UTEOTW
14. Lemon
15. Mysterious Ways
16. Miss Sarajevo

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed about Slug and YBR. Especially Slug, since it falls within the five songs I want to be grand finalists.

Mofo-to start a concert it is excellent but feels a bit forced on the album

Wow, interference. Way to not branch out. Simply because it wasn't on an album, I'm guessing you'll fuck over HMTMKMKM next?

Wow, interference. Way to not branch out. Simply because it wasn't on an album, I'm guessing you'll fuck over HMTMKMKM next?

Duh. If it wasn't on an album, it clearly wasn't good enough! :happy:

I'll be sorely let down if LWTSH goes, though it's lasted longer than any b-side; it's the only one to outlast any album tracks.

Ugh, if I'd known these results in advance, I'd have voted Lemon. As I said earlier, it was close between MW and Lemon for me and I'd be quite happy to oust either to save LWTSH.

Ugh, if I'd known these results in advance, I'd have voted Lemon. As I said earlier, it was close between MW and Lemon for me and I'd be quite happy to oust either to save LWTSH.

But will it still matter? I'm tempted to vote MW too, pretty much same position you're in(Freaky when we agree on 90s U2 stuff!) but yeah, I'll go with Lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom