Best Song Survivor: 1990s Quarterfinal, Round Six - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What is your least favorite song?
Zooropa 2 3.85%
Until the End of the World 0 0%
The Fly 0 0%
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 6 11.54%
One 16 30.77%
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2 3.85%
Gone 3 5.77%
Mofo 7 13.46%
Lemon 14 26.92%
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Best Song Survivor: 1990s Quarterfinal, Round Six

Your Blue Room was eliminated by the blue crack in the last round, leaving me quite blue. However, I'll cut my mourning short to begin the final round of the 1990s quarterfinal. Ten songs are competing for nine slots in the 1990s/2000s semifinal. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.
__________________

digitize is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 01:14 AM
Dig, you never responded to my excellent and thoughtful post, full of helpful suggestions, on starting a best live versions poll.

I'm sure it was just an oversight, but could you please see to that now? Thanks!
__________________

Nick66 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Refugee
 
LadySpinHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faraway, So Close
Posts: 1,768
Local Time: 07:14 PM
I'm sure you're free to start one if you would like, Nick.
LadySpinHead is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Dig, you never responded to my excellent and thoughtful post, full of helpful suggestions, on starting a best live versions poll.

I'm sure it was just an oversight, but could you please see to that now? Thanks!
I read it, and it made sense, but I don't really have any interest in running it myself, or planning it (not because it's a bad idea, but because I've already run two song-ranking series in one year). There are plenty of capable hands for such handling a live versions poll. My only request would be that it not run in parallel with this, although obviously there's nothing I can do to stop it, and I won't throw a fit or anything if it does run in parallel.
digitize is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
I read it, and it made sense, but I don't really have any interest in running it myself, or planning it (not because it's a bad idea, but because I've already run two song-ranking series in one year). There are plenty of capable hands for such handling a live versions poll. My only request would be that it not run in parallel with this, although obviously there's nothing I can do to stop it, and I won't throw a fit or anything if it does run in parallel.
Obviously, there couldn't be two polls running at once, and in any event, I wouldn't do it, I don't have the mental faculty to take on such a task.
Nick66 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Refugee
 
LadySpinHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faraway, So Close
Posts: 1,768
Local Time: 07:14 PM
So the votes right now are for Zooropa, Lemon and One? Are you kidding me?
Leaning towards Mofo, but I'll hold my vote for now. I may abstain altogether.
LadySpinHead is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
War Child
 
LemonMirrorSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 970
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySpinHead View Post
I may abstain altogether.
Yeah it's very difficult to vote any of this out! :/
LemonMirrorSky is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,381
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Zooooropaaa. Out of all the songs left, it was weaksauce live. The most overrated U2 song ever IMHO (*ducks and runs for cover*).
lemonfly is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:14 AM
I'm completely leaning towards One right now, but I'll hold and see if I need to protect Zooropa.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Refugee
 
PennyLanePHINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,125
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Mofo. Have to be in the mood to listen to that one. The others I just listen to more often.

Save Zooropa!!! My favorite on this list.
PennyLanePHINS is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,471
Local Time: 05:14 PM
One.

Can't believe the song with U2's best lyrics since The Joshua Tree (hyperbole!) is on the chopping block. Save Lemon!
the tourist is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
Refugee
 
Vlaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holland
Posts: 1,633
Local Time: 01:14 AM
HMTMKMKM. Good song, the others are just better.
Vlaco is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
One.

Can't believe the song with U2's best lyrics since The Joshua Tree (hyperbole!) is on the chopping block. Save Lemon!
Seems like One is the choice to save Lemon, and it's my own choice as well. I'll vote for it then. Hope Lemon gets saved.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Good God, my only chance to save Lemon is to vote against One? That's a terrible choice to make.
digitize is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
God Part III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,336
Local Time: 02:14 AM
I can't bring myself to vote for either One or Lemon. I don't think either of them would get so many votes if the results were hidden, but anyway.

I'm voting for Mofo on principle. Great as it may be, it is outshined by every song on the list.
God Part III is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
Good God, my only chance to save Lemon is to vote against One? That's a terrible choice to make.
But you know you love Lemon more!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
War Child
 
LemonMirrorSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 970
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Part III View Post
I don't think either of them would get so many votes if the results were hidden
Yes. That is the problem with this whole voting system! I wish people would just vote off THEIR personal least favourite song and not gang vote simply to counter-balance the song that seems to be getting the most votes, hence changing the natural outcome of the vote.
LemonMirrorSky is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post

But you know you love Lemon more!
Slightly, very slightly. But I have such a hard time voting against One.
digitize is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
Refugee
 
ImOuttaControl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 1,451
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMirrorSky View Post

Yes. That is the problem with this whole voting system! I wish people would just vote off THEIR personal least favourite song and not gang vote simply to counter-balance the song that seems to be getting the most votes, hence changing the natural outcome of the vote.
Yeah I agree. People bandwagon way too quickly. I love every song still on the list so it's hard to vote. Will Ultraviolet(which I love), MOFO,, or Gone seriously outlast One? One is one of the most definitive, emotional, meaningful, acclaimed songs U2 has ever written.
ImOuttaControl is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,866
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Voted for Lemon, only to save One.
__________________

popacrobat is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×