Best Song Survivor: 1990s/2000s Semifinal, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
No Line on the Horizon was dumped in the last round, leaving eleven songs in the 1990s/2000s semifinals competing for five slots in finals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Ultra Violet needs to go, but I'll hold on to my vote in case I need to protect Mofo or HMTMKMKM, two of my top five from this group, since it seems they may be on the chopping block. No way should either of them perish yet when songs like UV and MOS are still here.

I'll hold on to my vote in case I need to protect HMTMKMKM

My thoughts exactly.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was the first U2 song I remember hearing. I didn't listen to the radio til I was about 15, so while I may have heard some U2 songs before then, I wouldn't have known they were U2 songs. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, however, was at the end of Batman Forever, and 12 year olds love cheesy Batman movies, so I played that VHS like mad for a couple years. Couldn't tell you how many times I would watch the credits over and over to hear it.

My thoughts exactly.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was the first U2 song I remember hearing. I didn't listen to the radio til I was about 15, so while I may have heard some U2 songs before then, I wouldn't have known they were U2 songs. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, however, was at the end of Batman Forever, and 12 year olds love cheesy Batman movies, so I played that VHS like mad for a couple years. Couldn't tell you how many times I would watch the credits over and over to hear it.

I was about the same age when I first heard Beautiful Day, and I have the same kind of relationship to that song. I used to call radio stations and wish for them to play it (until I got a discman and got the album).
I guess nostalgia has a lot to do with it... the question is, - what generation will win? :hmm:

All these songs excel in their various ways. As long as Lemon and The Fly progress, I have no major qualms what gets eliminated or when. For now, Batman shall suffice.

Gone is the sorest of thumbs amongst this lot, really overachieving in my book.

But I have to vote for HMTMKMKM to save Beauty Day

Really bugged me at the time that we got HMTMKMKM instead of Ultraviolet in Chicago. The former has always been a bit overrated on this forum. I really have no problem voting for it.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me is a fantastic song.

Yep, I'm definitely getting on the BD bandwagon to protect HMTMKMKM, easily one of the band's finest rockers. It tears the place apart live and I'm amazed it took a twelve year rest in the setlist. The diehards dig it, the casual fans enjoy it, and it reminds you that in the midst of this dull IALW, UV, whatever fluff, U2 can still rock.

Hold Me Thrill Me, though I love it to pieces. :sad: would have rather voted for a few others, but not at the price of losing Beautiful Day yet.

What the hell is Batman song even doing in this list? It's a crime it's even here over Please, Acrobat, Last Night On Earth, and the list goes on!

:huh: So what if the song is from Batman Forever?? It's an excellent song! Almost as good or better than the best songs of the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom