Best Song Survivor: 1990s/2000s Semifinal, Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Because of a couple of vote changes, City of Blinding Lights just barely progressed over Kite in the last round. An interesting aside: COBL was actually the highest ranked song from the 2000s in the recent Rate the Song Series. But now we move onto the 1990s/2000s semifinals. Moment of Surrender, City of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day, and No Line on the Horizon shall join nine songs from the 1990s in this. Five songs shall progress to finals from the 1990s/2000s semifinals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I want Gone or HMTMKMKM to go. Gone's probably a lost cause, so Hold Me gets my vote.

I'll hold my vote until closer to the end, to avoid any more vote changes. I agree with everyone else, they are annoying. Besides that, I really don't know what to vote for here. Maybe mofo, maybe nloth, hmmm...

Went with MOFO.

5 I want to move on: Zooropa, Beautiful Day, Stay (Faraway, So Close!), The Fly, No Line On The Horizon

The suckiness of Ultra Violet sticks out like a sore thumb here.

The three songs I most want to progress are Gone, Zooropa, The Fly, which are all top fifteen U2 songs for me. I'd then like HMTMKMKM and Mofo to join them as finalists. Some other songs here would also be pretty worthy finalists, like Stay or Lemon or UTEOTW.

Zooropa, Lemon, Stay, UTEOTW and MOS are my five favorites here, but really, I only care deeply about Zooropa.

City Of Blinding Lights :up: considering what was sacrificed to keep it in the last few rounds, it's quite satisfying to see it being eviscerated when put up against some of U2's greatest songs :wink:

This place is funny. For a long time COBL was loved around these parts, one of the most popular songs of the 00's, and it's made it this long, and now it's all "How the f*ck is COBL still here"!

Yeah, a lot of the songs on this list are better than COBL, but liking one song doesn't mean you have to hate another. There's enough hate in the world without hating good U2 songs.

This place is funny. For a long time COBL was loved around these parts, one of the most popular songs of the 00's, and it's made it this long, and now it's all "How the f*ck is COBL still here"!

Yeah, a lot of the songs on this list are better than COBL, but liking one song doesn't mean you have to hate another. There's enough hate in the world without hating good U2 songs.
I can only speak for myself, but I didn't like the song the first time I heard it....and 7.5 years later, I still think it's way overrated.

Back
Top Bottom