Best Song Survivor: 1990s/2000s Semifinal, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Beautiful Day was ruled to be not so beautiful in the last round, and it was eliminated. That leaves ten songs competing for five slots in finals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I really don't know how MOS and UV are still here, especially when something as good as HMTMKMKM is coming under threat.

I think Edge is the main reason why I find No Line on the Horizon to be ultimately underwhelming. His work on that album seems so uninspiring and dull. Moment of Surrender is another example of him just not living up to my expectations. The song begs for some great guitar playing and it just never delivers. That slide solo is almost as boring as the one in Magnificent.

Light years away from the awesomeness that is his performance in Holy Rusted Metal Batman.

Beaut Day departs... way too early.

Looks like I need to save Moment of Surrender. Horrendous results here.

I think Edge is the main reason why I find No Line on the Horizon to be ultimately underwhelming. His work on that album seems so uninspiring and dull. Moment of Surrender is another example of him just not living up to my expectations. The song begs for some great guitar playing and it just never delivers. That slide solo is almost as boring as the one in Magnificent.

Light years away from the awesomeness that is his performance in Holy Rusted Metal Batman.

He phoned it in. Many ppl like the Unknown Caller solo and i think it starts well but by the middle of it he's back phoning it in. My fave Edge moment on this record is Cedars.

Beaut Day departs... way too early.

Looks like I need to save Moment of Surrender. Horrendous results here.

Horrendous comments as well. So much tearing down of great stuff. I guess that tone excites. Hence the tourney being set up in the negative.

Peef, is that you???

Moment of Surrender is a more inspired track than HMTMKMKM, which I very much enjoy but wouldn't consider top 10 for this excellent era. MOS is one of those rare songs that always stops me in my tracks and forces me to tune in. Really wonderful track. They need to write more songs the way they did with that one.

Seriously, MOS is what looks to be going next? Just stick the knife in and twist why don't ya? MOS is a great song. I like it more than most of the remaining songs.

His guitar playing on "Lemon" satisfies you?

I love the tune, but it's barely there from a guitar perspective.

As far as rating guitar playing on these remaining tracks, "Lemon" is easily the least impressive from a playing perspective. The tone is fantastic, but it's 4 strummed chords, and an arpeggio in the chorus. "Moment Of Surrender" stomps all over it.

It's really difficult to vote for MoS but I have to save Hold Me Thrill Me, one of their first great songs after Achtung Baby that solidified my fandom.

I went and watched Batman Forever in the theatres just for this song!

I went and watched Batman Forever in the theatres just for this song!

I went for the allure of Val Kilmer in a black leather body suit and the prospect of watching Jim Carrey devour a movie set for two hours. And the couple of scenes that Drew Barrymore is in.

Love me some Drew.

What's this? Batman is still here? :lol:

And wow...all these votes for MOS are an embarrassment and yet another credibility blow, and Interference apparently has at this point been completely assimilated by the Hive. MOS is U2's best song since 1987, and there shouldn't be a single vote for it. And yet duds like Lemon and Mofo, among U2's worst songs (the latter quite possibly the absolute worst), are still hanging around. And just dismissing, what, Beautiful Day like that. Um, yeah. When LWTSH was ranked higher than One in previous voting, this place jumped the shark. Now it's jumped, fell in the water, and been eaten whole.

Oh well, it's to be expected at this point. I think the voting might make more sense if all Hive members were given a double dose. :)

Unpretentiousil - for the fight against Hipsters - YouTube

MOS is U2's best song since 1987, and there shouldn't be a single vote for it. And yet duds like Lemon and Mofo, among U2's worst songs (the latter quite possibly the absolute worst), are still hanging around.

Thanks for this. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Good joke.

MOS....I was really disappointed when I heard it the first time. It's a good song, but nothing more than that. I expected something just as good as TUF or Bad or WOWY. Don't believe the hype!

00's hate is a lot stronger than I thought it would be. Killing off MOS before Mofo/HMTMKMKM/Gone is not just unexpected, but totally bizarre.

Batman is still here? BATMAN!?? C'mon guys, April 1st is still a few weeks away.

Back
Top Bottom