Best Song Survivor: 1990s/2000s Semifinal, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What does wishing the death of a popular superhero have to do with these remaining songs?

spideywhit.jpg

Not a single 00's song left? This really is becoming a bit comical, and is pretty much just confirming the worst Hive™ stereotypes...it's almost self-parody at this point.

Dude, what is the point in going on and on about this so-called Hive?? It's the internet, for Christ sake! You cannot stop whoever from voting here, be it the hipsters or the old fashioned folks. And anyway.. by no way are these poll results the definitive judgment that Moses hath writ in stone atop some mountain. It's just a bunch of EYKIW regulars seemingly voting against a bunch of B&C regulars. That's what I see anyway. Nothing to get worked up about in my opinion. It's not like your personal favourite songs are gonna change because of these results. We all like what we like.

Dude, what is the point in going on and on about this so-called Hive?? It's the internet, for Christ sake! You cannot stop whoever from voting here, be it the hipsters or the old fashioned folks. And anyway.. by no way are these poll results the definitive judgment that Moses hath writ in stone atop some mountain. It's just a bunch of EYKIW regulars seemingly voting against a bunch of B&C regulars. That's what I see anyway. Nothing to get worked up about in my opinion. It's not like your personal favourite songs are gonna change because of these results. We all like what we like.

Well, I don't want to stop anyone from voting, didn't say the results were defiitive (thankfully, they're far from that), I'm not worked up about it, and I'm not afraid my "personal favourites" are going to change because of the voting.

So perhaps you meant to respond to someone else. :)

Okay, I'm glad that you are not getting worked up. :wink:

Tell me... if I love Red Light, Refugee and Miami to bits, am I considered a part of the Hive?

Hmm...offhand, Miami yes. Red Light and Refugee no.

We have a pamphlet, but I set it down somewhere. I'll get back to you.

Not a single 00's song left? This really is becoming a bit comical, and is pretty much just confirming the worst Hive™ stereotypes...it's almost self-parody at this point.
80's U2 > 90's U2 > 2000's U2.

With that being sad....I'd love to see Fez and Beautiful Day being up here. NLOTH saves the 2000's a little bit. ATYCLB is not very good and with Bomb they've really hit rock bottom.

Okay, I'm glad that you are not getting worked up. :wink:

Tell me... if I love Red Light, Refugee and Miami to bits, am I considered a part of the Hive?

The Hive detests Red Light, tends to dislike The Refugee, and is rather lukewarm towards Miami, but thinks that it became massively better live.

Almost correct. The Refugee is the worst song in their catalogue, Red Light doesn't deserve the vitriol it gets and Miami is cool and was awesome live.

Wait, the Hive™ doesn't refer to the forum members in general, but rather a few specific ones? That's not a hive. Where did you go to bee school?

Anyway, of these, Lemon has to go. I can only take your falsetto in small doses, Bono.

Ultra Violet is so drastically weaker than the rest of the songs here it's not funny.

Don't you people dare touch Gone. Best U2 song of the nineties.

Yeah, while I like UV a lot, it definitely is NOT better than MOS or any of the other songs on this list now. :crack:

Ultraviolet @ Washington 1992 is one of my favourite U2 moments of all time.

My five favorite songs remaining are... let's see...

Ultraviolet
Lemon
Until the End of the World
Stay
Zooropa

Unrealistic, unfortunately.

There are some very good songs here, even one classic. But none of them are among the handful of U2's elite songs (MOS was the last of this list in that group), or even in their Top 10...though The Fly would come very close.

Gone is obviously the best from the late 90's duds here, and the optimum result from this round would be a Mofo (whose presence is a continuing embarrassment) and Batman double elimination (actually Batman is a pretty good song, and certainly better than the unlistenable Mofo; it's just lingered too long). Once that happens, this list will be strengthened considerably...but will still be far from a reflection of the 90's/00's best.

Back
Top Bottom