Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semifinal Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Where the Streets Have No Name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Year's Day

• Bad

• With or Without You

• A Sort of Homecoming

• All I Want Is You

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It is time for the beginning of our first semifinal! Eight songs progressed here from the late 1980s, and five from the early 1980s, for thirteen total. Only five songs shall move from this round to the final round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

You know all that stuff I was saying in the late 1980s quarter-finals about a fucking sensational selection of songs?

That goes double for this.

What the HELL do I vote for.

In my top five, I would probably have:

Bad
One Tree Hill
The Unforgettable Fire
With or Without You
A Sort of Homecoming

Wow, that's heavily weighted towards two albums.

Out of these, I'm hoping for New Year's Day, A Sort of Homecoming, All I Want Is You, Bad, and The Unforgettable Fire.

Rooting for Streets, All I Want is You, With or Without You, Bad and New Year's Day myself.

I can't say I expected to come back and find the forum sticking the boot into The Electric Co. Well that sucks. I was inclining towards a vote for SBS but I may vote to protect TEC.

The five I want to go through are A Sort of Homecoming, Heartland, New Year's Day ... and then it's a hard call to pick two out of the four of The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, Gloria, and The Electric Co.

Have to agree with Axver's sentiments, what a tough choice.

With much soul searching I have to choose Out Of Control, SBS came close though too.

Might as well smash out Electrico. It's an overachiever.

My 5 to progress:

Gloria
Unforgettable Fire
Where The Streets Have No Name
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday / With or Without You

The five I want to go through are A Sort of Homecoming, Heartland, New Year's Day ... and then it's a hard call to pick two out of the four of The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, Gloria, and The Electric Co.

Well good thing for you, you get to pick three out of the second list since Heartland is gone!

Back
Top Bottom