Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semi Final II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You'll crucify me, but I think the Shine Like Stars bit makes the live versions not have shit on the original. They overblow it. The fact that it doesn't get to a climax like that is what makes the song so good. You know, other than the WAOAOHOOHHH AOOHHHH HOOOO HOAOOAOHHHHHHHHs, but you're not going to stop Bono at those.

Do you feel the same way about Running to Stand Still / Still Running or Halle Halle Hallelujah??

I've fallen head over heels in love with Running to Stand Still / Dirty Old Town by the way :love:

I found my love
By the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream
By the old canal
Kissed my girl
By the factory wall
Dirty old town, dirty old town

Thing is, Bonnie, the Shine Like Stars bit has the best lyric in the entire song.

Plus Edge's live solo is pretty cool.

Well, I have nothing against it live. Live, you're just trying to keep shit going all good like. But I wouldn't want it in the studio version.

I usually don't like it when studio versions fade out. I almost always favour a proper ending. WOWY is no exception, especially since Shine Like Stars shows me how good that ending could have been.

Wait a minute...are we really debating the merits of the "Shine Like Stars" snippet? FFS is nothing sacred anymroe? First Pride & SBS get unceremoniously booted, now this. :wink:

Ax, please put One in the poll, if only so I can argue that coda sucks :D

One isn't getting into the polls, not after it's won the past editions of this!

Plus the "do you hear us coming?" part is the only worthwhile part of the song.

Axver, you really should put One into the polls. It would make Streets the declared overall winner which makes sense because it won a recent song poll where One finished like fifth or sixth. I guarantee you that One will get voted out if you include it. It only takes a strong minority to boot a track and some of us will even strategically gun for it right away. :up:

One isn't getting into the polls, not after it's won the past editions of this!

But that would give me something else to bitch about, always a plus.

Plus the "do you hear us coming?" part is the only worthwhile part of the song.

Yeah it is, I was being contrarian.

Axver, you really should put One into the polls. It would make Streets the declared overall winner which makes sense because it won a recent song poll where One finished like fifth or sixth. I guarantee you that One will get voted out if you include it. It only takes a strong minority to boot a track and some of us will even strategically gun for it right away. :up:

I'd be one of the gunners...maybe not right away, but once Lemon is gone I'd be voting for One.

haha we could have a U2 poll where Pride doesn't make top 10 in the 80s and One doesn't make top 10 in the 90s.

For god's sake, do I have to keep repeating myself? One won the last edition CONVINCINGLY. If you're going to argue one of the excluded songs should be restored, you have more of a case with Streets than One.

haha we could have a U2 poll where Pride doesn't make top 10 in the 80s and One doesn't make top 10 in the 90s.

As it should be!

Heh, no I would like to know how many people here would actually vote for the most overrated song in U2's history. Cause, I'd love to see it cry in the corner, voted out by everyone.

Back
Top Bottom