Best Song Survivor: 1978-1983 Miscellaneous Round (CORRECT poll)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE SONG(S).

The two songs with the most votes proceed to the quarter finals. Please vote for all the songs you want to proceed, but preferably no more than five.

Welcome to the 1978-83 miscellaneous songs round in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. Three War songs proceed to the early eighties quarter final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Three tied rounds in a row! (OK, the last one I closed early, but I won't be home for hours, so I want to get this round started and we already had our average amount of votes, so I'm happy to close it with the tie.) In light of Seconds and Like A Song tying in the last round of War, they will both proceed to the early eighties quarter final with Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day.

QUARTER FINALISTS
1. I Will Follow
2. Out Of Control
3. The Electric Co.
4. Gloria
5. Tomorrow
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Seconds
8. New Year's Day
9. Like A Song

ELIMINATED FROM WAR
10. Red Light
9. The Refugee
=7. Two Hearts Beat As One
=7. 40
=5. Drowning Man
=5. Surrender
Qualified: Sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds, New Year's Day, Like A Song

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
41 votes: Seconds, Like A Song
6: Sunday Bloody Sunday
1: New Year's Day
(Total votes: 89)

OK, there we go, correct poll.

Treasure's got to go through. I think it's one of U2's top fifteen songs.

I'd also like to see A Celebration proceed. I like a lot of the other songs, but not enough to think of them as worthy of the quarter finals. I'd love 11OTT to make it, it's a favourite of mine but only live. The studio version is stunningly underwhelming.

STREET MISSION

also, I went ahead and did five, might regret that later:

Saturday Night
Speed of Life
Treasure
and
Endless Deep

God I hope Party Girl doesn't make it. It may have been fun live, but ugh, the studio version's dreadful. Bono sounds like he's rather badly ill.

1. Treasure (WHTPTC)

I almost voted only for it alone, it's so far ahead of the rest of the list.

But I decided to add 3 more

2. Street Missions
3. Boy/Girl
4. Things To Make and Do

I absolutely love Trash, Trampoline & the Party Girl live but can't bring myself to put the studio version anywhere near the top of the list. :yikes:

Another Day
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Saturday Night
A Celebration
Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl

Be There is by far the best song from this period. Unfortunately, the band hasn't released it. :madwife:

Am I the only one that believes that those outtakes (Be There and Mercy) suck?

Voted for 11OTT, Street Mission, Another Day, A Celebration and Treasure (the best of the bunch).

why do these non-album tracks get to advance as many as an album (October)? also how do we decide how many songs come from each album?

why do these non-album tracks get to advance as many as an album (October)? also how do we decide how many songs come from each album?

The seeding is based on the Worst Album Survivor outcome. Top four albums get four finalists, next four albums get three, everything else gets two.

i was going to see if i could use all five votes for j. swallow, but i changed my mind...

street mission
11 o'clock tick tock
things to make and do
trash, trampoline, and the party girl
endless deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom