Best song on All That You Can’t Leave Behind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the best song is Beautiful Day but my favorite is probably Walk On.

Meaning, I don't think U2 could have written a better lead single, catchy rocker than BD, but Walk On contains some of my favorite things from the band, vintage Edge, great harmonies, killer solo and a good chorus. Bono sounds great on this song as well.

As far as I'm concerned, the only truly great song on the album is When I Look At The World (and The Ground Beneath Her Feet too if you have the right edition).

Nonetheless, I can't help but be attached to Walk On just as much, and Kite's quite good too. It seems I'm one of the rare few who likes the outro. It's the intro that used to put me off.

Beautiful Day by far. In my opinion, it's the best song the band has written since The Joshua Tree.

A few more things:

I also like the Kite outtro. Beutiful on the Slane DVD. :drool:

Walk On is a brilliant song as well. I almost shit when I heard it live last October. Beautiful acoustic rendition. combine that with an awesome Fast Cars, and a show-stopping People Get Ready with Bruce, and that night was the best night of my life. Amazing. Doesn't get any better.

one4u2 said:
When I look At The World :combust:

Underrated, for sure.

The Slane performance of Kite is almost enough to push it to the top for me, but Beautiful Day is the best. Along with being the kind of pop song you hear in the background at the store while shopping for carrots, it's arguably U2's most definitive track, in terms of its message.

Beautiful Day

"Beautiful Day has the DNA of the album"
Bono

I can't really pick one particular song on this album as the best. The first six are all equally great in their own ways. But, maybe, Kite pushes to the front a little more. I put this album in high regard because it was with this album and it's tour that I came to be the fan of U2 I am today.

Beautiful Day - "the song that saved U2"

This is one of their best songs ever.

ATYCLB is a great album though; it's hard to choose just one.

Beautiful Day... without a doubt!

Walk On (single), When I Look At The World, Peace On Earth & New York are also pretty close!

Musically, In A Little While is up there! :heart:

Last edited:
Axver said:
As far as I'm concerned, the only truly great song on the album is When I Look At The World (and The Ground Beneath Her Feet too if you have the right edition).

I agree, the ground beneath her feet is a great song... but i do love the rest of the album as well, i guess were lucky to have that edition.
other than that ... its so hard to pick...
In a little while, or Kite, walk on too.
so really Ground Beneath Her Feet!

Back
Top Bottom