Best Song of the Decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80s - Streets (but Wire is my personal favorite)
90s - Please
00s - The Ground Beneath Her Feet

1970's - Another Day
1980's - Where the Streets Have No Name
1990's - Acrobat/Until the End of the World
2000's - City of Blinding Lights

80's - A Sort Of Homecoming

90's - Ultra Violet

00's - Love And Peace Or Else

70's(if we count it) - 11 o'clock tick tock
80's - Where the streets have no name
90's - The Fly
00's - City of blinding lights

Here are my three favourites from each decade

70's : 1st The Fool, 2nd Street Mission, 3rd Cartoon World
80's : 1st Bad, 2nd Streets, 3rd The Unforgettable Fire
90's : 1st One, 2nd Stay, 3rd The Fly
00's : 1st Walk On, 2nd Sometimes, 3rd City of blinding lights

I like that some people cram in 80's songs in the 70's category :mad:

These are the ONLY songs from the 70's

Silver Lining
Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
Boy/Girl
The Fool
Street Mission
Twilight
Another Day
Alone In The Light
The Speed Of Life
Cartoon World
Trevor
The King's New Clothes
The Dream Is Over
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Magic Carpet
False Prophet
Inside Out
Another Time, Another Place
Tonight
Jack In The Box
A Day Without Me
Pete The Chop (I think..)

Nisse said:
I like that some people cram in 80's songs in the 70's category :mad:

These are the ONLY songs from the 70's

Silver Lining
Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
Boy/Girl
The Fool
Street Mission
Twilight
Another Day
Alone In The Light
The Speed Of Life
Cartoon World
Trevor
The King's New Clothes
The Dream Is Over
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Magic Carpet
False Prophet
Inside Out
Another Time, Another Place
Tonight
Jack In The Box
A Day Without Me
Pete The Chop (I think..)

That sounds about right - though there are other songs known to have been played, such as Concentration Cramp. And some of those songs have a million and a half titles. For instance, The Magic Carpet is also known as Judith, No Man's Land, Life On A Distant Planet, and my preferred title, Lost On A Silent Planet.

And while I don't believe there's any record of Pete The Chop being played before February 1980 (though if anyone knows for sure, it's liamcool), I'm positive it dates from the late seventies, especially considering the origins behind it.

That sounds about right - though there are other songs known to have been played, such as Concentration Cramp. And some of those songs have a million and a half titles. For instance, The Magic Carpet is also known as Judith, No Man's Land, Life On A Distant Planet, and my preferred title, Lost On A Silent Planet.

And while I don't believe there's any record of Pete The Chop being played before February 1980 (though if anyone knows for sure, it's liamcool), I'm positive it dates from the late seventies, especially considering the origins behind it.

You forgot In Your Hand, and No Man's Land was another name for Alone In The Light.

Pete The Chop WAS played in the 70's, so yes, it is a 70's song...

liamcool said:

You forgot In Your Hand, and No Man's Land was another name for Alone In The Light.

Pete The Chop WAS played in the 70's, so yes, it is a 70's song...

I've seen some people give No Man's Land as Lost On A Silent Planet. And wasn't In Your Hand an early Boy/Girl?

When was PTC played in the seventies, do you know? The earliest date I have for it is that 26 February 1980 gig.

I've seen some people give No Man's Land as Lost On A Silent Planet. And wasn't In Your Hand an early Boy/Girl?

When was PTC played in the seventies, do you know? The earliest date I have for it is that 26 February 1980 gig.

Check www.u2-vertigo-tour.com, they're different songs there...

I THINK it was played at McGongales (however you spell it), however, I have no CONFIRMED dates of Pete The Chop before the National Stadium show.

Zootlesque said:

Yeah.. but there's Babyface in between. I wish Zooropa, Numb & Lemon were together on the album. :|

My picks:

80s: Where The Streets Have No Name
90s: One
00s: Walk On/Mercy

wow our list is like the same :love: except I'd replace Walk On with either The Ground Beneath Her Feet or Beautiful Day.

Yeah I didn't mention In Your Hand, Walk Away, Hang Up!, Concentration Cramp etc, but I doubt anyone here has heard these songs.

For U2....

80's - Where The Streets Have No Name
90's - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
00's - Love And Peace Or Else

AtomicBono said:

wow our list is like the same :love: except I'd replace Walk On with either The Ground Beneath Her Feet or Beautiful Day.

:sexywink:

Ground Beneath is up there too. It's not beneath anything! :wink:

For everything else...

60's - She Loves You by The Beatles
70's - Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
80's - Where The Streets Have No Name by U2
90's - 8 by Sunny Day Real Estate
00's - California by Loudermilk

Axver said:

Actually, you mean The Silver Lining, which debuted live in August 1979. It was still played live as The Silver Lining in March 1980 and became 11 O'clock Tick Tock at some point over the next two months.

For me:

80s - Where The Streets Have No Name
90s - Acrobat
00s - City Of Blinding Lights

For the 70s, I can't pick between The Fool, Cartoon World, Lost On A Silent Planet, and The Dream Is Over.

Lost On A Silent Planet, is that the same song as Life on a Distant Planet, just...different name?

thrillme said:

Lost On A Silent Planet, is that the same song as Life on a Distant Planet, just...different name?

from what I've heard, yeah

Back
Top Bottom