Best song of each band member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
revisiting this for a moment.

I taped Rattle & Hum the movie onto audio tape but for it to fit I had to lose a song and took out Still Havent Found but added a live version of all along the watchtower which I think was recorded in Australia - Edge lets rip and the chords hit the spot and half way through some canadian guy says something about him not knowing anything because he is canadian. The Edge on that song is outstanding!

Anyone seen this clip and know where it is from?

Adam: Bullet The Blue Sky
Edge: The Electric Co
Larry: Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bono: New Year's Day

CKONE said:
revisiting this for a moment.

I taped Rattle & Hum the movie onto audio tape but for it to fit I had to lose a song and took out Still Havent Found but added a live version of all along the watchtower which I think was recorded in Australia - Edge lets rip and the chords hit the spot and half way through some canadian guy says something about him not knowing anything because he is canadian. The Edge on that song is outstanding!

Anyone seen this clip and know where it is from?

No, I must say I haven't but you bring up a great point about Edge "letting it rip". The last Vertigo show I attended this year was in Hartford, CT and Edge just blasted a solo during Pride. So much so I think it even surprised himself because he looked over at Bono and I saw him mouth the word "WOW" (we were in the ellipse right in front of Edge). This was absolutely incredible and I'm trying like heck to get my hands on this boot.

Sorry if I derailed or didn't answer your question CKONE

YBORCITYOBL said:

No, I must say I haven't but you bring up a great point about Edge "letting it rip". The last Vertigo show I attended this year was in Hartford, CT and Edge just blasted a solo during Pride. So much so I think it even surprised himself because he looked over at Bono and I saw him mouth the word "WOW" (we were in the ellipse right in front of Edge). This was absolutely incredible and I'm trying like heck to get my hands on this boot.

no probs mate it sounds like a very very cool moment and i am very jealous.

my last two opportunities to see U2 were derailed by the arriveal of my daughter and son......I will eventually forgive them!

Larry: Like A Song...

Adam: MoFo

Edge: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Bono: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Alternate Version!!!!!)

Ooooooooooh I've never used these similies before.

:bono: - With or Without You
:edge: - The Fly
:adam: - New Year's Day
:larry: - Streets (live)

:bono: - Where the Streets Have No Name/Acrobat
:edge: - Until the End of the World
:adam: - Wire
:larry: - Bad (Those chimes ... are to die for ... :drool: )

I think it's cool that Larry's name has the most letters yet it's the shortest on a computer screen.

Larry aren't making those chimes, it's prerecorded :wink:
strange that many think Mofo is Adam's best work, when the bass is totally drowned by the elctronic loop

Larry - Rejoice
Bono - Red Hill Mining Town
Adam - Please
Edge - Acrobat

YBORCITYOBL said:

I was there as well. And have a boot somewhere.

I'll try and fing it for ya.

Nisse said:
Larry aren't making those chimes, it's prerecorded :wink:
strange that many think Mofo is Adam's best work, when the bass is totally drowned by the elctronic loop

Live versions ;) :drool:

*has urge to watch Popmart now*

Adam: Please, A Man & a Woman, New Year's Day
Bono: Red Hill Mining Town, Miss Sarajevo
Edge: Love is Blindness (I read he actually snapped a guitar string towards the end because of his playing). This might sound cliche but you can almost feel his heartache on that song, considering what he was going through at the time. Streets.
Larry: Like a Song, I threw a brick

Back
Top Bottom