Best Of Promo Fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
Just speculating here but with the last Best Of, there were some wonderful goodies flying around and Im wondering whats in store for us this time.
I myself was lucky enough to receive many of them as I won my U2 competition as part of promotion for the Best of 1980-1990.
This whole time is bringing back wonderful memories for me!

Here's a sample of some of the Promos from last time round...

Gold boxed set of vinyl singles with double cd and booklet and guitar in background..

3358638%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E2323346%3A4%3C8%3B8ot1lsi

Gold cardboard sleeve promo cd album

3358638%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E2323346%3A4%3C8%3B5ot1lsi

I also received a army style cargo shirt with the best of embroided on the pocket.
There was a helmet floating around too I think.
I received my guitar plus my trip to dublin!!

Kepp your ears out this time round kids, who knows what they might be giving away!

Anyone know if there is anything in the pipeline?

:bow: :eek:

holy geez! they is a whole lotta cool stuff you got. i am wish i was you. man, what a treasure trove of goodies. i can imagine what all that is worth. lucky lucky you.

ive told this story before but i won a radio competition in sydney which was promoting the best of album.
trip to dublin to stay at the clarence, vip passes to the kitchen, tour around dublin u2ey places- the wall etc, edge's guitar, and those items u see in the pics plus t shirts, photos, cd, video, and poster!
the trip part supposedly had canadian and english winners as well. so u never know, they may do something this time around, keep your ears alert!

The radio station I listened to before Pop came out had a "win it before you can buy it" contest, I won it but they didn't send it to me til about a week after Pop came out :mad: I kept calling to see if I could pick it up from the station, but they kept saying it was in the mail. I don't listen to them anymore :madspit:

@U2 said Island Records was sending out goodies to fans on their mailing list (snail, not electronic) and Universal Australia has the Electrical Storm umbrellas (that is so cute!!). There should be some good stuff floating around. I'm waiting to see which record store is giving the best gift with purchase before deciding where to buy the Best Of (hopefully someone will be giving away posters or stickers or shirts or something).

Cowgirl said:
ive told this story before but i won a radio competition in sydney which was promoting the best of album.
trip to dublin to stay at the clarence, vip passes to the kitchen, tour around dublin u2ey places- the wall etc, edge's guitar, and those items u see in the pics plus t shirts, photos, cd, video, and poster!
the trip part supposedly had canadian and english winners as well. so u never know, they may do something this time around, keep your ears alert!

THAT IS AN AMAZING STORY!!!! WOW! I think I would have flipped out and died if I had one all that U2 stuff!
I once won upgraded tickets to ZooTV Oakland, the radio station KOME traded in my crap tix for 4th row ones, we had made a huge banner to win.....
And I won a copy of Achtung Baby right when it came out too.

Back
Top Bottom