"Best of 1991-2001" Tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, what do you all think the 17 tracks of the new "Best of" set will be. Here's my prediction:

(note, the first four have been confirmed)

Miss Sarajevo
New Track #1
New Track #2
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

One
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Until The End of the World
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Lemon
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Elevation (Tomb Raider Remix)
Stuck In A Moment That You Can't Get Out Of

The 17th track could be Stay, Numb or Please.

Well BigMacPhisto. i can't argue or differ from your list much, but there are a few little changes i would'nt mind seeing on the actual CD. I hope Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses (preferably the Temple Bar version/edit) makes it on, even if it were at the expense of, say, UTEOTW. Then, a live version of that song could go on the second disc or something. Initially i was disappointed that the singles from ATYCLB were to be included on this compilation, because musically they don't quite fit well against stuff from Achtung baby/Zooropa. Though i suppose they do offer an insight into how U2 developed in that decade. I just hope that by cramming 17 tracks on, we don't end up with tracks like Miss Sarajevo and Lemon getting radical editing. I'm not fussed if Please doesn't make it. Its a fine song but for me not as good as Staring At The Sun or Gone.

I'm delighted that a b-sides/rarities disc will appear. I hope Mission Impossible will be there along with more obscure B-sides from Zooropa/Passengers singles, etc. Even a couple of Axtung Beibi outtakes would be wicked!! :happy:

Thats all i can think of right now...

mysprit.

mysteriousspirit said:
Initially i was disappointed that the singles from ATYCLB were to be included on this compilation, because musically they don't quite fit well against stuff from Achtung baby/Zooropa.
i agree. also, since, really, the album is still pretty new. but oh well. i just hope they don't cram a bunch of atyclb songs on it and leave a lot of early 90's stuff out.

of the three you have for the 17th track I would have to say Stay because bono has said that, "this is the best song I have ever written...."

I think I'd rather see both Stay and Please included, with Lemon getting the red card.

Exciting to know that not one, but TWO new tracks will be included. My bet is that 'Hands That Built America' will be one of them.

I'd love it if...

"Stay" wound up on there. Bono said that's the best song he's ever written, eh? Well, it's definitely one of the best songs by them I've ever heard, so...

"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" will make it on there? Awesome!

I'm pretty sure that stuff like "Mysterious Ways" and "One" will be on there-I'd be shocked if they weren't.

I, too, would like to see a few songs from ATYCLB on there.

Like a lot of people on here, I too would like to see "Staring At The Sun" on there. I'd also like it if "If God Will Send His Angels" wound up on there, along with "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?", "Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World", and I think it'd be kinda cool if "Ultraviolet (Light My Way" wound up on there, too, 'cause that song's kinda cool.

Does anyone here think that "The Fly" will be on this CD?

Angela

That's still up in the air right now. Signs do seem to be pointing to ATYCLB having a presence on the new Best Of, but who knows?

BigMacPhisto said:
So, what do you all think the 17 tracks of the new "Best of" set will be. Here's my prediction:

(note, the first four have been confirmed)

Miss Sarajevo
New Track #1
New Track #2
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

One
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Until The End of the World
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Lemon
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Elevation (Tomb Raider Remix)
Stuck In A Moment That You Can't Get Out Of

The 17th track could be Stay, Numb or Please.

I would like to change 'staring at the sun' to 'gone'...I doubt if 'lemon' or 'stuck' should be in the list....and the last track definitely should be 'stay'!!!!....but nobody will listen to me anyway.:grumpy:

Your list looks pretty good to me. The last track will be STAY. I will be very suprised if it isn't on the CD. I wouldn't mind seeing DIRTY DAYS and PLEASE on it, but I know that ain't gonna happen. :scream:

Last edited:
Oh, yeah...

"Please"...that'd be cool if that song was on there.

If they did add ATYCLB tracks...besides the four that were singles, I'd love to see "In A Little While", but I doubt I will.

And I'm sure most of us here wouldn't mind seeing "Kite" on there, either.

Angela

Since it now looks like there's a good chance that ATYCLB's singles won't be on the new Best Of. I've decided to make what I think will be the tracklist for the new set.

First of all, that news bite about the new Best Of having 17 tracks came out BEFORE the band had even started working on the new release if my memory serves me correctly, so the number of tracks on the album is still up in the air.

*- Will Be Included For Sure

1. One*
2. Mysterious Ways*
3. Even Better Than The Real Thing*
4. The Fly OR Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
5. Lemon*
6. Stay
7. Numb*
8. Miss Sarajevo*
9. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me*
10. Discotheque*
11. Staring at the Sun*
12. Last Night on Earth OR Please OR If God Will Send His Angels
13. Electrical Storm*
14. New Song #2*

I don't think they'll want to have five songs from one album, so it's going to be either the superior song (The Fly) or the bigger hit (Who's Gonna...) as the fourth track from AB.

I think it's pretty much a given that "Mysterious Ways" and "One" will be on there already. And I agree with you on the other ones you think will be on there for sure.

As for the other songs...I'd love it if "The Fly" was on there...I'd also love it if "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?" was on there...that'd be a tough choice to pick between those two for a spot on the CD.

I hope "Stay" is included. I really do.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom