Best Non-Album Track Survivor - Final Pool - Round 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE track!

• Love Comes Tumbling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spanish Eyes

• She's A Mystery To Me

• Lady With The Spinning Head

• Salome

• Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

• The Ground Beneath Her Feet

• Stateless

• Electrical Storm

• Mercy

• The Crystal Ballroom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know one of the early ones was the never-ending Beatles survivor that I ran in B&C that took nearly a year and a half to get done in 06/07, but I don't think that was the first. Just for perspective though, the participation in that Beatles survivor was like double the participation in this survivor, and I've been pleasantly surprised at the participation in this survivor(averaging like 20 people per poll).

There was a HTDAAB-era album and song survivor here, in which HTDAAB experienced a huge new-album bounce and came in the top four. My memory's now getting fuzzy; I don't think I ran the album part but I did at least some of the song tournament.

The one with the best participation - and the one that birthed Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein and the Superthread - is the one I ran in 2007-08. I ran it quite deliberately at that time, as a new album was still months away but excitement over HTDAAB had calmed down, so we got results more reflective of long-term opinion.

But before any of these was one very early in my time on Interference where we voted by PM! That was to avoid influencing the vote in any way. It was the first, but the need for PMs made it onerous to run and drove down participation.

Anyway, I'm just not really sure what the point of another 'Best U2 Song' survivor would be. I mean, Streets, One, Bad, and some combination of UTEOTW/The Fly/WOWY will be the final few. Everyone knows it.

Oh this is very true. But we could at least integrate Songs of Innocence and see how NLOTH has fared in Interference's estimation.

Once the band start touring again we may even get better rates of participation.

Here's my top 10 prediction

1. Mercy
2. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
3. Lady With The Spinning Head
4. Electrical Storm
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
6. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
7. Luminous Times(Hold On To Love)
8. Love Comes Tumbling
9. Stateless
10. The Three Sunrises

No way Mercy will win this. It'll probably be HMTMKMKM or LWTSH, but I'll be batting for 11 O'clock Tick Tock.

I never expected Hallelujah (Here She Comes) to go as far as it did. Anything is possible..

What i love about this particular survivor, apart from how well it is being run, is that it's a bit quirky, being non album tracks. Could we keep the quirky and still come up with enough contenders? ie album openers, or closers for that matter. Live arrangements (zoo tv running to stand still, for eg)...

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

No way Mercy will win this. It'll probably be HMTMKMKM or LWTSH, but I'll be batting for 11 O'clock Tick Tock.

My money is on HMTMKMKM. And rightly so. Still one of their best singles. Right when my peers were wanting to hate U2 along came this song that EVERYBODY fucking loved.

We've debated a live survivor for years but no real agreement on the format. But openers/closers could be fun. We've never done anything like that, or lead singles. We did do a non-single survivor back in the day, which was quite interesting.

Yeah, in my head it's which songs work best as openers, as opposed to which were the best songs which happened to open albums.
Streets was epic and heralded U2's arrival as mega band. Zoo Station was the sound of them chopping down the Joshua Tree. Which did its job best?
Same goes for closers.
Live survivor is harder. Perhaps we could nominate 10 songs each, with tour in parentheses, and see what we're left with...

Yeah live survivor just keeps going around in circles. There's always been the assumption that amazing live songs that never got onto an official live release, like Hawkmoon, will get dudded. And what do we do with a song like WOWY or Bullet, amazing on some tours and total dross on others? If others want to tackle it they can, but I've long since ruled myself out of running it. :lol:

But I would definitely be keen on any of openers, closers, or lead singles.

Watch Is That All? get booted out so fast in closer survivor.

You could probably do that in one poll.

Lemon would be my pick. I didn't like the song prior to watching the video. Then it clicked for me.

Have we done a favorite music video survivor?

Nope, though it's been suggested.

Personally I wouldn't be very interested, so I wouldn't volunteer to help organise or run it. But I'd probably still vote because hey, something happening on EYKIW.

True. And as was mentioned, it wouldn't take very long.

Still, let's keep it in mind should the worst-case scenario with SOE materialize :wink:

Even though there's 30 minutes left in this poll, I'm going to go ahead and start the next one since the result here is a landslide.

Oh, and my vote is for Summer Rain.

Back
Top Bottom