Best Non-Album Track Survivor - 1990-Present Preliminary Semifinal Tiebreaker Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE track!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
We seem to like ties!

Instructions: Because three tracks - North And South Of The River, Summer Rain, and Levitate - have tied for the last two advancing slots with 9 votes apiece, we will have to eliminate one.

Since two of these tracks will advance and only one must be eliminated, You will vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of these three tracks. The track with the most votes will be eliminated and the remaining two will advance with the other other 13 tracks that have already advanced to the final pool.

This poll will be open for 48 hours over the Christmas holiday.

Here are the links again:

1990-Present:
North And South Of The River / Live - Omagh Tribute
Summer Rain
Levitate

I just want to urge everyone to listen to the live Omagh Tribute version of North And South Of The River(I've added the link), if you aren't familiar with it, before deciding.

I love the song, but I've always felt like the studio version was a bit too sterile, and the emotion of the song really comes out in its only-ever live performance.

In case you can't tell, I want it to get into the final pool.

Also, not related to anything, but I love how the band, in that video from late 1998, appears to be in mid-transformation between their Pop appearance and their ATYCLB appearance. Bono still looks more pop with the hair, Adam's hair is still blonde, but Edge is already wearing the beanie after having ditched it for Pop.

Best Non-Album Track Survivor - 1990-Present Preliminary Semifinal Tiebreaker...

I hate how polls don't work in the phone app. I ought to get to a computer before this closes, but if not my vote is Levitate. I like all three of these songs but one has to come third.

Merry Christmas EYKIW.

They're all great. The instrumental North and South of the River-sounding track on the Achtung working tapes too. I find it interesting how a song can be worked on for years and years and then is finally released.

Summer Rain but not by much.

The Omagh tribute of NASOTR is one of my favorite U2 moments. Between Summer Rain and Levitate, I'd eliminate Summer Rain. I'll try to get to a computer today to officially vote.

I'm voting for Levitate as well. I love NASOTR, and as much as I like Levitate, Summer Rain seems like a more complete thought to me.

So glad that NASOTR made it through. I hadn't heard that song in years and woke up with it in my head a few weeks ago, which to me is a sign of a very memorable melody. The lyrics are some of Bono's finest as well.

Back
Top Bottom