Best music videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
What do you think is the best music video u2 has ever made? I think the video for stay is their best one.

So many... I like Stay to... But the first U2 video that I honestly fell in love with was Please... It brought tears to my eyes... But maybe it was because I was vulnerable when I watched it for the first time...

But there are a lot of videos that I love for different reasons:
One (Buffalo)
Original Of The Species(the first one...)
I still Haven't Found...
The Fly
Discotheque(for fun)
TUF

And many more that I don't remember right now...

Please is amazingly beautiful...all of the One videos, Staring at the Sun, OOTS, Discotheque is hilarious, The Fly, WOWY...that's all I can think of now.

I for one enjoy the Stuck Video that didn't really get any airplay in the US (is that the first or second one) as well as the football one, just cause I like their videos with stories in them that aren't them just standing there.

Please is a fantastic video.

I like the video to IGWSHA and Stay.

What else...Walk On, WOWY...

More...I just love their videos.

Stay, Lemon, and The Fly are my favorites. Honorable mentions go to Electrical Storm, HMTMKMKM, Streets, and The Sweetest Thing.

As for funniest, that would have to be Discotheque, and the end of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, when Bono lets loose the f-bomb. :D

My faves...

One (Berlin)
Discotheque
Numb
Lemon
Please
Electrical Storm
WOWY
Stay
Sweetest Thing
and an honorable mention to HMTMKMKM--the Batman footage keeps it from being truely great but the cartoon band footage is priceless. AIWIY is pretty good too.

Actually, now that I think about it, all the nineties videos were great. And with a couple of exceptions, all the 00 videos have put me to sleep or have just been embarrasingly horrible (coughElevationcough).

Numb
Stay
Lemon
One (Berlin)
Numb
One (Bar)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Numb
Discotheque
Mysterious Ways
Who's Gonna Ride
The Fly
Numb

:wink:

i like original of the species, lemon, last night on earth and electrical storm the best.

Red Hill Mining Town. I mean when Bono did that thing, and Edge was there behind him?

HILARRRRIOUS!

But seriously, I like Stuck's football version because it's funny to see larry go crazy for once. I love still haven't found because it's just a good video of the band, no weird messages or hidden meaning, just fun to watch them play in the streets of vegas. I love lemon because its artsy fartsy plus macphisto is cool in it. Electrical storm once again because its artsy. Disco video because of the boom cha dance. and even better than the real thing because of the twirly camera. WHOOOAAAAAA stumick ache! :barf:

My favourite videos would be Gloria, New Year's Day, Where The Streets Have No Name, Numb, and The Sweetest Thing.

Basically all of U2's 90's videos were fantastic. For the 00's I really like Ground Beneath Her Feet, Beautiful Day, the European Stuck (though I like the football Stuck too), Elevation (yes, I really like the Elevation video. it has giraffes.), Walk On, and Original of the Species. I actually like the ATYCLB videos a lot. The HTDAAB videos have been good but rather ordinary and nothing exceptional except for OOTS. I don't really watch the 80's videos much.

well, for drooling purposes only, the Wild Horses video is FANTASTIC! the boys have never looked better! and also One, the bar version... but some of my other faves are:

Stay
Stuck in a Moment ( i love when Edge slips on the nachos!)
I Still Haven't Found..
OOTS (first version)
It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

I guess I might as well do my top five while i'm at it...
1.stay
2.lemon
3.original of the species
4.please
5.numb

(honorary mention:stuck in a moment, if only the song wasn't edited)

I am shocked at how many people like the Electrical Storm video :ohmy: I always thought it was kind of odd! Here are a few of my faves:

1) Lemon
2) Spanish Eyes
3) Numb
4) OOTS
5) Discotheque (saw this video in '97 and got hooked on U2)

I have just finished watching the VH1 Top 20 of U2 , so....no, I still can't say I love this one better than that one, but here is a few I love:
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm
Mysterious Ways
Numb....and many more. Gosh, how am I supposed to say a video sucks when THEY ARE in it!.....

No one liked Somtimes You Can't Make it on Your Own? I thought the video was brilliant, easily up there when it comes to emotional power.

Please
Somtimes
Lemon
Walk On
One(Berlin and Bar)
Stay

Stay, WTSHNN, Beautiful Day, Discotheque, Vertigo and OOTS

Stay,OOTS, I still haven't found what i'm looking for, Vertigo, One ...(Bar Version) Beautiful Day. :)

The haunting With Or Without You Is The Best, I think

Then:

2. Streets (live the impromptu concert and battle with the LAPD)
3. ISHFWILF (The Vegas theme rocks)
4. New Years day (really gives the impression of the end of the world)
5a. COBL (Great live footage and performace)
5b. The Fly (dark masterpiece)
6. Until The End Of The World (any live Zoo TV is all good)
7. HMTMKMKM (U2 and Batman. C'Mon!)
8. Beautiful Day (The airplane effects plus the rugs on the runway are nice touches)
9. SIAMYCGOO (US) (U2, John Madden and the in jokes are great)
10. Sundy Bloody Sunday (Bono out there with the flag is cool)

A couple honorable mentions: Elevation, EBTTRT, SYCMIOYO

Worst video: I Will Follow. C'mon Bono, grow some testosterone.

Fly
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Elevation
Until the End of the World

My top 10:

1. All I Want Is You
2. Please
3. If God Will Send His Angels
4. HMTMKMKM
5. Staring At The Sun
6. Stay
7. The Fly
8. EBTTRT
9. Lemon
10 Numb

I love The Unforgettable Fire & New Year's Day. These are very cinematic. I think I read somewhere that Edge's horse acted up in NYD so they got a double for Edge. WOWY--all time favorite just because Bono look's so good in it. Lemon, Electrical Storm, Vertigo. There are so many.

Back
Top Bottom