Best moment on the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
When it's over!

hahahaha yeah right. who the fuck am I kidding? This is great!

But seriously I think my absolute favourite part of the album is during Original of the Species (holy fuck is this song amazing or what?) is at about 3:37 when during the chorus Bono goes a little.. I dunno.. it sounds like he's got the biggets smile on his face and he feels great, and then he goes "yeah" . to me it just sounds like he totally knows they're completely nailing the completely awesome track. Rarely does stuff like that show up on albums.. usu that's what live versions are for.. but damn I love it!

Agreed, OOTS is a sweet song.

My favourite part of the album so far is at the very beginning of ABOY. Edge plays a single loud note and it totally sets the mood.

I love the last 1:30 of Miracle Drug. The solo! Edge singing! It's some of the best music ever made.

Hey, great thread...

So far for me it is Edge(I am almost sure it is Edge) singing the verse in Miracle Drug @ the 3 minute mark. Great. Cannot wait for this one live, WOW! And the crowd goes wild.

Another great moment is LAPOE, right at the 4 minute mark...the guitar is totally buried and muffled and then breaks out big fuckin time and just rocks the mutha out. Damn! Totally fuckin TITS!

:combust: :combust: :combust:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE shout-out by Bono at 2:49 in All Because of You. Has he ever done this besides Spanish Eyes?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
all because of you...

bono's primortal scream... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...

goosebumps...

You should have seen how wide my eyes went when I heard that for the first time! I was all :eek:

I love him so.

'I am you and you are mine
Love makes nonsense of space
And time… will disappear
Love and logic keep us clear
Reason is on our side, love… '

This passage in Miracle Drug gives me the chills. Crumbs is also moving up the rankings in my mind, Edge's work just gives me the chills.

In OOTS, the last chorus. I can picture Bono being so happy he's about to cry or something (hence the way he's singing). I think that's my favorite song on the album. It's so uplifting.

I admit, City of Blindling Light made me shed a tear or two at first, just remembering those NY shows -- totally amazing. Oh you look so beautiful tonight.

Hey Skeek, I love that part, too!!! I'm glad someone else noticed it.

shart1780 said:
In OOTS, the last chorus. I can picture Bono being so happy he's about to cry or something (hence the way he's singing). I think that's my favorite song on the album. It's so uplifting.

:heart: Bono, my angel :heart:

He is such a beautful man on the inside and out. We are so blessed for his lyrics and his imagination....

elfyx said:
Hey Skeek, I love that part, too!!! I'm glad someone else noticed it.

Yeah it's really subtle I think! I only noticed it because I was feeling exactly the same at the time I heard it.. kinda giddy and wowed by the awesomeness of the song. and then i heard it totally in Bono's voice as well. Yah!

I wrote a brief not quite poem inspired by OOTS...
From across the room, in the fullness of the noonday heat
Cast a glance and catch a heart
See a smile drown out the shades of hurt
Affirm the truth you've always known,
The wish you've long since earned

Last edited:
shart1780 said:

Yeah, exactly what I thought! :)

Well, not exactly a best moment on the album, but my feelings towards it. In my opinion this an album that you rather feel than listen to, several different emotions...don´t know how to explain better, but I´ll try some examples...to feel moved by Sometimes You Can´t Make it On You Own, Miracle Drug and One Step Closer...to feel like dancing around with Vertigo and All Because of You...to feel like loving someone or making love to the sound of Love and Peace or Else and A Man and a Woman...to feel like singing along out loud with City of Blinding Lights and Original of the Species...to feel like saving the world with Crumbs from your Table and Yaweh...that´s HTDAAB for me, and I feel good. :)

MT

I would have to say the buildup and chorus of COBL. Brilliant stuff. Full of soaring emotion!

I don't even know where to start in favorite moments yet - this album is so good it's almost disturbing.

:ohmy:

frozenmuze04 said:
I don't even know where to start in favorite moments yet - this album is so good it's almost disturbing.

:ohmy:

Hah, that made me laugh. If you think about it, it is quite disturbing. A band that is about to be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame making a truly great album, by any standard. This is disturbingly blissful! :happy:

It's a tie between two:

When first hearing the chorus in City of Blinding Lights, just between that and "I'm getting ready to leave the ground" that's magic. That's U2.

Or when Bono sings "sugar come on, show your soul" in Original of The Species. Amazing.

And also, it's been mentioned already, that tune kicking off All Because of You - classic already.

Back
Top Bottom