Best live U2 (Officially released)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is U2's best overall performance?

• Under A Blood Red Sky

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Rattle & Hum

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Joshua Tree Live in Paris

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • ZOO TV

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Popmart

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Elevation - Boston

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Elevation - Slane

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Vertigo - Chicago

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • U2 3D

Votes: 11 8.8%

• Total voters

gvox

Ghost of Love
Simply put, which commercially/officially released U2 live video offering do you think contains their overall best performances, start to finish?

(PS if I've forgotten any, remind me and I'll add it, its early in the morning lol)

Last edited:
It's R&H and it's not close. If anything else wins...traveshamockery.

UABRS. Not even a contest. Best song selection and an absolutely electrifying performance in an amazing setting.

Add Milan.

If we consider a FULL show (if not I say Rattle and Hum), it's down between Sydney and Slane for me. I like the directing on the former and the home crowd energy of the latter.

Last edited:
1. UABRS
2. R&H
3. JT Paris
4. Zoo TV Sydney
5. Popmart
6. U23D
7. Vertigo Chicago
14,977. Elevation Slane
14,978. Elevation Boston

phillyfan26 said:
1. UABRS
2. R&H
3. JT Paris
4. Zoo TV Sydney
5. Popmart
6. U23D
7. Vertigo Chicago
14,977. Elevation Slane
14,978. Elevation Boston

LOL

appears we feel about the same, except mine would look something like:

UABRS
RnH
JT
ZOO
POP
SLANE Elevation
Vertigo Chicago
U23D
Boston Elevation

I went with Zoo TV, but I was very close to picking Popmart. I could have gone either way.

Upon consideration:

1. Rattle and Hum
2. Zoo TV
3. Slane
* Milan

4. Chicago
5. Boston

6. Popmart
7.Paris/UABRS

(I didn't see U2 3d yet)

Last edited:
Well, if we're ranking things:

1. UABRS
2. JT Paris
3. RAH
4. Popmart
5. Vertigo Chicago
6. ZooTV
39,515. Elevation Boston
39,915. Elevation Slane

I haven't seen U2 3D yet. I expect it to slot in between Vertigo Chicago and ZooTV. It definitely could not place higher than fourth, no matter how good its technological aspects and the band's performance may be, as the top three simply have songs I like much more and would rather hear on any given day.

Right now:

1. Elevation Slane
2. ZooTV
3. Rattle and Hum
4. U2 3D (Too short...)
5. Vertigo Chicago
6. Popmart
7. Elevation Boston

I've only seen parts of UABRS and Joshua Tree Live in Paris.

Zoo TV, Under a Blood Red Sky and U23D in that order. It seems that U23D is not well liked here on interference, but I thought it was incredible. I was going in with doubts, given how I thought that Bono's voice was not very good on the Latin American leg of Vertigo, but for the movie, they were able to film alot of performances and use the ones he was on for. I was really pleasantly suprised by U23D. Pride and the Fly were especially good.

U2387 said:
It seems that U23D is not well liked here on interference, but I thought it was incredible.

:huh:

what? I'd say that U23D was a major success on here actually....

I'm an idiot. I accidentally clicked U23D. It's a good film, but it is way too short, and, well, it will never stack up to Zoo TV.

Actually, however, the Vertigo Tour did have some very nice times. I throughly enjoy my leg four and five bootlegs. U23D captured the fourth leg pretty well, but it's still not Zoo TV.

Actually, though, I'd say that (just from the bootlegs I've heard) legs four and five of Vertigo were my favorite touring periods for U2 sinse Zoo TV (although Popmart comes close).

I picked ZOO TV because.... it's fucking Zoo TV, what a concept! And a terrific performance by the band too. But Elevation Slane, Popmart and R&H come really close! All of them are excellent actually. Other than a couple of videos like that for SBS, I've not even watched UABRS yet. :( Waiting for the official release for sure! Also... this thread reminded me that I have not watched the JT Paris dvd properly yet. :shifty:

phillyfan26 said:
1. UABRS
2. R&H
3. JT Paris
4. Zoo TV Sydney
5. Popmart
6. U23D
7. Vertigo Chicago
14,977. Elevation Slane
14,978. Elevation Boston

Fcuk you really hate the Elevation tour don't you??

Slane for me, for sure.

Don't see what's so wrong with Chicago either... if you take away all the needless speeches there's some terrific performances there, and a great setlist. Haven't seen/heard all of UABRS, but if we're just talking the 8-song CD, then it comes in second.

The Elevation Tour is U2's worst tour, and it's not even close. I don't give two shits about the lights and the videos or anything: performance and setlist. And in that, U2 failed epically there.

Back
Top Bottom