Best live songs that "explode"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:

God Part II - Haven't hear it live, but this is fast becoming my favourite song off of Rattle and Hum. Thanks mostly to the part which goes:
"don't believe an uzi just went off in my hand
I, I believe in love
HUA HUA!"
[most kick-ass guitar part ever]
Screaming vocals

:drool: :drool: :drool:

hear and see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCzw8y8XXg

if this isnt the mother of all "exploding" songs, i dont know what is.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

JulioArca said:
MOFO

Hold Me Thrill Me...

HMTMKMKM and the Vertigo fly build in a very similar way. An ordered guitar part degenerates into total sonic chaos, then a big jerk into the main song with a huge drum fill from Larry.

Definately Hawkmoon too, that building slide guitar :drool:

I still wish they'd played a complete version of Zooropa. That 2nd to 5th gear switch would have translated beautifully live. Everyone talks about the crime that Acrobat hasn't been played, but I think this is just as big of a crime.

~A.j.~

My favorites:
Bad is defenitly number 1 for me on this topic
Where The Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day
Hawkmoon 269
Love Rescue Me
Dirty Day
With Or Without You
Please

My Favs:

Until The End of the World
The Fly
Bad
WOWY (w/ shine like stars snippet)
Dirty Day
Hawkmoon 269
A Sort of Homecoming
Hold Me....
Streets
God Part II
Electric Co. although most of the song is at a frantic pace but when Edge starts his solo and starts wailing away it brings the tune to a different level

Althiugh I agree with an earlier post about giving credit to Larry I would also give some credit to Edge also..... Some of these songs he just keeps building and building until blasting us all off in some wicked guitar explosion.

Streets of course

Also UTEOTW

The Pop Muzik/Discothèque/Relax sequence during a North American Vertigo show comes pretty close...

Back
Top Bottom