Best intro on HTDAAB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best intro on HTDAAB

• Vertigo

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • City Of Blinding Lights

Votes: 47 28.3%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
TheBrazilianFly said:

:rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me.

If the song you wish to vote is not there than you don't have to vote at all.

Right...except the title of the thread is 'Best intro on HTDAAB', not 'Best intro on HTDAAB, from the songs I've personally chosen.' If you're going to have a poll on 'best intro on HTDAAB', make it a proper poll of the entire album, not 5-6 songs, however many it is.

I would have no problem, honestly, if you wanted people to choose, out of the 6, which intro of those songs they thought was the best. But automatically assuming the other intros on HTDAAB suck so much they shouldn't even be included in an 'album-wide' poll...well that's a bit insulting to people who may like those intros.

-Miggy D

P.S. - Rolling one's eyes does not improve a discourse.

Last edited:
Miggy D said:

Right...except the title of the thread is 'Best intro on HTDAAB', not 'Best intro on HTDAAB, from the songs I've personally chosen.' If you're going to have a poll on 'best intro on HTDAAB', make it a proper poll of the entire album, not 5-6 songs, however many it is.

I would have no problem, honestly, if you wanted people to choose, out of the 6, which intro of those songs they thought was the best. But automatically assuming the other intros on HTDAAB suck so much they shouldn't even be included in an 'album-wide' poll...well that's a bit insulting to people who may like those intros.

-Miggy D

P.S. - Rolling one's eyes does not improve a discourse.

:lol: Please man, don't try to do that. I NEVER said that those intros were crap because I don't hear any other intros beside those that I have named. Read my post again, it's not long or difficult to understand. If you think there's another intro on the album that I haven't named, fine, you just name it and that's that. I want you to answer me this: When did I said that other intros were crap? Especially after I said I don't see that Miracle Drug beginning as an intro? Just because the title of the thread is Best poll on HTDAAB it doesn't mean that I have to name all the songs on the album, only the ones that I see as having intros.

P.S. - If rolling one's eyes will not improve a discourse, saying: "apparently polls have biases now" will not give you the best responses and putting words on my mouth will not get you too far from another smiley you may not like.

My sis is a casual U2 fan...I was playing the new U2 album for her while we were in the car. We were in the middle of a conversation when the opening chords of Miracle Drug came on,

"Wow, wait a second - what song is this?" she said.
"Miracle Drug," said I.
"I can already tell I'm really going to like it."

So it may not have a lengthy intro, or a very elaborate one...but in my opinion, it definitely does have a powerful, otherworldly sound that attracts the ear from the get-go.

:wink:

Miggy D said:
My sis is a casual U2 fan...I was playing the new U2 album for her while we were in the car. We were in the middle of a conversation when the opening chords of Miracle Drug came on,

"Wow, wait a second - what song is this?" she said.
"Miracle Drug," said I.
"I can already tell I'm really going to like it."

So it may not have a lengthy intro, or a very elaborate one...but in my opinion, it definitely does have a powerful, otherworldly sound that attracts the ear from the get-go.

:wink:

The song just got to be good to someone feel that it's good. It doesn't need to have an intro. :huh: You haven't answered my question but that in itself answers it. Thank you, goodnight.

Back to the topic, it seems that City Of Blinding Lights is back as the winner at the moment. Last time I checked LAPOE was winning. Cool. :up:

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:

The song just got to be good to someone feel that it's good. It doesn't need to have an intro. :huh: You haven't answered my question but that in itself answers it. Thank you, goodnight.

Back to the topic, it seems that City Of Blinding Lights is back as the winner at the moment. Last time I checked LAPOE was winning. Cool. :up:

I'm not quite sure what you mean with that first paragraph. I don't know which question you wanted me to answer, and I wasn't even responding to your post with the post about my sister. I was just stating that, in my opinion, Miracle Drug does have a worthy intro, and I used the incident with my sister as an example. I'm not quite sure what your first sentences means, but it was indeed the intro to Miracle Drug that hooked my sis. I wasn't too interested in responding to any questions because I don't feel like that would have gotten me anywhere.

Peace out,

-Miggy to the D

Miggy D said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean with that first paragraph. I don't know which question you wanted me to answer, and I wasn't even responding to your post with the post about my sister. I was just stating that, in my opinion, Miracle Drug does have a worthy intro, and I used the incident with my sister as an example. I'm not quite sure what your first sentences means, but it was indeed the intro to Miracle Drug that hooked my sis. I wasn't too interested in responding to any questions because I don't feel like that would have gotten me anywhere.

Peace out,

-Miggy to the D

Are you on drugs or something? It's very clear on my post from 12-03-2004 11:32 AM, not only you're putting words on my mouth but now you're just running away from the subject here. Are you reading the whole thread or juts picking random posts? Whatever. I'll repeat the question for you as you might get "confused" even with the post's date: When did I said that other intros were crap? Especially after I said I don't see that Miracle Drug beginning as an intro?

Back
Top Bottom