Best intro into "Streets"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the Best lead into "Streets" ?

• "Running to Stand Still"

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • "Please"

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • "Bad"

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • "All I want is You"

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

Zoocifer

Acrobat
Greetings Zoonationals,

I decided to post an age-old question. What is the best lead into "Where the Streets have no Name"? Your choices:

"Running to Stand Still" (with the awesome harmonica solo)
"Please" (with Bono's amazing falcetto)
"Bad" (with a variety of songs between the two such as "40", "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses", "Allison", etc.)
"All I want is You" (with the usual crowd singing while the strings fade in)

I personally loved "All I want is You" at Elevation as the lead into "Streets". It was so beautiful to hear every person in the arena singing the words to "All I want is You" and then hearing those strings coming in as the redness filled the air.

Then again, the amazing and inspiring version from Popmart is a top contender too. I'll have to stick by "All I want is You", though.

Which one will you choose? :scratch:

- The Zoocifer -

Running to stand still into streets during the Zooropa tour was one of the most amzing things I have heard, Spine tingling..

I picked RTSS but Please was so very emotional.

I am beginning to think you could run anything into Streets and it would sound amazing.
Even Thunder -ac/dc

Please into Streets.

U2 takes you from total desperation to total deliverance and jubilation. To see Bono on his knees while Streets begins, it's as though the music picks him up, gives him hope, and takes him higher. And the music does the same for me. I get chills every time I hear or watch it.

HeartlandGirl said:
Please into Streets.

U2 takes you from total desperation to total deliverance and jubilation. To see Bono on his knees while Streets begins, it's as though the music picks him up, gives him hope, and takes him higher. And the music does the same for me. I get chills every time I hear or watch it.

What HeartlandGirl said. :yes:

Please, without a doubt.

HeartlandGirl said:
Please into Streets.

You took the words right out of my mouth... well said!! :)

Bad, as the last notes fade away, and the Streets intro kicks in, and Bono is praying, WOW that is intense! Nothing is more chillworthy. No contest baby.

Back
Top Bottom