best friend going to Bono's dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Uh, does this suck or what?

I just got a call from one of my best friends.

We were supposed to go out tonight for beers at 8:00.

He just called me to tell me he would be late because he has to go to some 'music dinner thing.'

I asked what it was.

He said, "Uh, it's called Musicares, and I think they are honoring Bono tonight. My sister-in-law had an extra ticket."

I explained what the whole night was about and asked why she had to go and I could not go.

I am pissed.

SHARKY ARE YOU READING THIS?????????????????????????????????

:banghead:

fucking hell.

oh that sucks! so we'll be there at 5:30 ouizy. since you're friend is going to be late, you have time to stop by.

he is going to try to take some pics.

i had no idea all the bands are going to be playing U2 covers.

Springsteen is going to be playing U2.

I SIMPLY CANNOT COMPREHEND THIS IN MY SMALL HEAD....

I will be giving HelloAngel all the dirt as I get it...

From what I understand it was quite a show...

Stupid jackass Bono! ;) he was standing two feet in front of me. he was signing some girl's program, I had my Sharpie easily within reaching distance to sign my vinyl copy of War, and what does he do? wave to the crowd and turn around.

hey, but guess what? I WAS TWO FEET AWAY FROM BONO!

saw alot of celebs. Christian Slater and Fred Durst came together [creepy!], Ashley Judd, John Mayer, Evander Holyfield, Melissa Ehtridge, Patti LaBelle, Michael Stipe, Christy Turlington WITH Ed Burns, Naomi Campbell, Robert DeNiro etc. And of course, Paul McGuinness and Edge and Morleigh. [no Adam or Larry that I saw, they may have come in the back way]. Bono showed up. Ali and the girls got out of the car first and waited at the beginning of the Red Carpet. There were about 150-200 people waiting on the street to see celebrity arrivals, Bono went over and shook hands, got close to me [close enough!] and went on the Red Carpet.

Afterward, tried to meet him and Edge to no luck. There were too many people there just to see celebrities so every time someone came out there was a crush. I tried to get him on the way out but with all the people and papparazzi, I gave up in the crush. It was getting mob-like on his way to the car. Little scary.

I heard Patti LaBelle belting out part of Angel of Harlem before security kicked us out of the hotel. sounded so cool! I know it probably didn't happen at a $25,000 a table charity event, but maybe someone taped the show and will make copies....... :)

I put this in the U2 news section as well, some add
itional pics from the event, may get more views here...............

1045877989.3825516663.jpg

capt.1045880241.grammys_musicares_nyr107.jpg

capt.1045880815.grammys_musicares_nyr111.jpg

1045877510.3959709817.jpg

MC3.bmp

show_bono04.jpg

I wish I was a rock star's kid. If I was, and I was obsessed with U2, my parents would have to pull a few strongs, and "bam!" I would get to meet the band. like verte76 said, somepeople have all the luck

wow - great story Sharky.

I am not that emotional a person, but after watching some of the clips of other band's singing U2's songs a tear came to my eye.

I am not sure why -

I just think it is because Bono's lyrics have such a profound effect on me that I only really realized this when someone esle sang the words.

How cool...

ouizy--this reminds me of last year when half my office went to Dublin for some meetings which did not involve me. My parting remarks to my officemate were, 'Your mission is to see Bono. And of course you will because you don't care one way or the other.' She of course saw him in the lobby of her hotel where he was having a drink with someone whose description sounded a lot like Gavin. She left a message saying, "I saw Boh-no. He's short." :mad: People who can't pronounce it shouldn't be allowed to see him.

To pour salt in the wounds, the next day they were in a cab on their way to a meeting when suddenly the cab driver said, "And to my left is the home of rock star Bono." The cab then pulled into the very next driveway....which is where the big meeting was...next door to Bono! :scream:

Back
Top Bottom