Best extended guitar solo live!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choose as many as you like

• Last Night On Earth

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Mysterious Ways

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Love Is Blindness

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • Please

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Bullet The Blue Sky

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other - name it!

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Is it...

1. Last Night On Earth
2. Mysterious Ways
3. Love Is Blindness
4. Please
5. One Tree Hill
6. Bullet The Blue Sky
7. Bad (although it's not exactly a solo)
8. Other? - name it

:rockon:

:love: I was never good at reading directions, I've been told...

I voted for Mysterious Ways, Please, Love is Blindness, and One Tree Hill.

Bad is my favorite song of all time and all, but it's not really much of a solo and I didn't want to vote for 5 songs :wink:

VG, don't tell me you haven't heard Last Night On Earth from Popmart! :ohmy:

Just thinking of it makes me want to :combust:

Actually, I really wanted to listen to Stuck in a Moment (acoustic, of course) earlier today when I was feeling shitty. But I stayed strong and opted to listen to Let it Be on repeat. :up:

anyway, umm, One Tree Hill owns live :rockon:

One Tree Hill! The extended solo on 26 December 1989 is perfect. That entire performance constitutes the best five minutes of music in history.

I also selected other so I could give 11 O'clock Tick Tock, God Part II, Hawkmoon 269, Desire, and All Along The Watchtower a mention. Wow, that last sentence literally screams "LOVETOWN FANATIC!"

Love is Blindness.
Simply amazing how this song was improved live.

Mysterious Ways is my favourite by far

but Love is Blindness gets an honourable mention.

One tree hill and God Part 2 are up there as well.

Love is Blindness and Mysterious Ways. Although I didn't vote for Mysterious Ways.

MW during concert two nights in a row... :combust: :drool: :drool: I never heard a song sound so good live. That's a lie, but you get the point. :wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Love Is Blindness...:drool:

I almost considered not voting for Love Is Blindness because you did :madspit:

There's no competition though. Love Is Blindness' guitar solo sh*ts all over all the others in this poll.

I voted "other" because, IMO, the best true solos came from the Love Town tour where Edge just wailed on the guitar during "Desire". It was surprising to hear Edge perform something that remotely sounded like a Van Halen-esque solo! Note, I said something that "remotely sounded like" - Edge's technique is vastly different. Nonetheless, that solo was cool and quite different for the Edge.

That said, I could have also voted for "One Tree Hill" where Edge also really ripped off a great solo during that tour near the end. But it seemed to flow more in that song - the solos in "Desire" back then were more of a surprise to my ears.

Of course, even today Edge rips off some great solos or seems to make songs come alive even more in concert ("Until the End...", "Love & Peace", "Mysterious Ways", older versions of "With or Without You", etc.). This, combined with Bono's extra passion and lyrics and the general "elongation" of the song are part of what make U2's live performances so great! :yes: :up:

Mysterious Ways. Pure slide guitar euphoria from the little break when Edge kicks into the last solo. When he's playing along with the synth at the end of the song, it's a unique U2 moment.

Axver said:
One Tree Hill! The extended solo on 26 December 1989 is perfect. That entire performance constitutes the best five minutes of music in history.

post the song, post the song, post the song...!!!!!

:drool: :drool: :huh:

I was thinking "Bullet The Blue Sky" was the obvious choice, but then I remembered on my ZOOTV live from Sydney tape the "Mysterious Ways" solo. When Bono's moving towards the dancing temptress in the calm before the storm, and you think the song is pretty much over...then all of a sudden...Bono reaches out his finger to touch her...and BLOODY HELL the Edge sledgehammers us with that heavenly, lusty, highpitched solo and everything falls into place. The audio and video combination of that moment is pure bliss.

Just by listening I choose One Tree Hill. Edge just improved an already excellent song!!
However, I like the video and audio presentation of Mysterious Ways!
It´s hard:huh:

Back
Top Bottom