Best Elevation Tour Concert is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...in my opinion, definitely the last night of the 1st leg Boston concerts. June 9th 2001. Amazing. 23 songs, a 2+ hour set, where EVERY song was played to perfection.
Highlights:
- Achtung Baby miniset at the beginning. The Fly is beyond words
- First Party Girl in 10 years
- incredible Streets-Beautiful Day combo. Beautiful Day is the most energetic version ever and it works beautifully at the end of the set
- Bullet the Blue Sky. One of the best ever versions. Bono's energy is incredible(Mark Chapman rant)
- Walk On. Perfect ending for a perfect 2001 show.

If you didn't hear it, go to www.eyeofthefly.net/forum.html and download it quickly!

Last edited:
thanks for the link, its getting harder to find good sites to download concerts. They used to be all over the place. It is a great concert, its too hard to pick my favorite. I loved some of the shows after 9/11 in the States because of the emotion, but I liked the setlists more before it. I might go with the Slane concerts.

Very true.
DC 6/15/01
Baltimore 10/19/01
Special places in my heart, only two u2 concerts Ive been to.

Slane 1 was amazing. Probably the best version of Bullet ever, but the setlist wasn't that good(where's THE FLY?!) and it was much shorter than Boston 4.
Everything from the 3rd leg is a downer for me. I mean, setlist without 2 best Elevation songs(The Fly, Mysterious Ways) is absurd.
Bono's Tart, can you give me more details about the Paris concert? I only heard a couple of songs from that concert. Are there any special versions of some songs or is it just a great, energetic performance?

Last edited:
october 31, providence. larrys birthday... full band version of party girl for the first time in... well, a long time. they played slow dancing, wild honey and please as well. bono was also spraying champagne all over the place... 'twas a great show to be at.

For those of you who were at the Boston 6-9-01 show, did you completly lose it when they ripped into Pride as the second song!? I would have!

The Paris show was brilliant, it had everything! Bono's voice was fantastic the band were playing really tight and it was an all round amazing performance.

I have the show on dvd from a very kind person on here (thank you again!) and never tire of watching it also the cd of the concert just brings back very happy memories!!

djerdap said:
Everything from the 3rd leg is a downer for me. I mean, setlist without 2 best Elevation songs(The Fly, Mysterious Ways) is absurd.

They did start playing Mysterious Ways towards the end of the third leg. It was a nice surprise at the third leg show I went to.

Charlotte, NC - March 24/01.....'cuz that's the ONLY Elevation show I got to see. :sad:

BUT!!!! - I'm going to fix that this time around. I've already warned my hubby that I'm going to drop some serious moolah on the next tour...at least 2 shows, preferrably 3 if I can swing the airfare & show tickets. And I'm not buying the cheap seats, either.....nothing but the best seats in the house this tour.

My plan is to definately catch them in-state, probably Charlotte or Raleigh, then to see them somewhere reasonably close like Atlanta or DC and then really make an adventure out of it & catch them in Chicago, New York, or maybe even out on the West Coast. You could say I'm obsessing over it a bit - but then, that's what we OC's do the best! :wink:

I don't know, djerdap, after downloading this I might agree with you. Its an excellent concert, great setlist, and great energy from the band. Songs like "gone" and "new york" have that extra push in them. Amazing show.

Buffalo May 31st. The Bootleg is just so amazing. EBTTRT and Mysterious Ways were played at the beginning of the show and both were performed with more energy than i've ever seen before. Even beats Mysterious Ways on the Slane DvD. The whole show was a riot...I thought the Fly sounded better before they went to Boston...from then on it was'nt as high octane as it was during April\May.

COLOGNE, July 12, 2001
the audience celebrated themself and the band by doin' LA OLA - the mexican wave - for about 30min and was going totally nuts. U2 played a stripped version of Hawkmoon 269.

Slane 1, there is no comparison. This show was hands down the best of the tour and one of the best of their careers (even though they butchered ASOH).

2nd would be 6-17-01 New York, crew and the band felt this was one of the best shows they have EVER done.

Setlists are a factor but the band and crowd emotion are just as important if not more important IMO.

10-24-01 --Madison Square Garden, NYC
after everything that happened in NYC, it was great to just be happy for one night, celebrate this city and remember what it was like to have a good time in NYC. I have never heard a crowd that loud and crazy. oh, and I met my fiance that night at that show. go figure. best concert i've ever been to -- amazing amazing amazing!

Back
Top Bottom