Best Edge Solo EVER!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mofo82

Refugee
I just came across this for the first time tonight, and it floored me. Notice, no guitar slide. Make sure to catch the Edge's comment at the 8:53 mark- everyone on the board will get a laugh from it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMWjGAlaY8w

It's refreshing to hear Edge play the familiar stuff on someone else's guitar. That alone could freshen up some of the old warhorses that have been played for years on end. If WOWY was played even a percentage as differently as at this gig, I wouldn't care if U2 played it at every concert for the rest of their lives. It had my attention the whole time:yes:

Not even close. Technically it's not even a solo.

sounds a bit uncomfortable to me. On " Joshua Tree Making of the Album" Edge comments that he gets a lot of pleasure out of WOWY not taking off into a huge solo, but rather it just ending with a real humble little beautiful riff....

That ethos is one of the main reasons U2 are what they are, and it's why he is one of the greatest guitar players ever IMO. His comment at the end says it all for me...

yeah gotta be honest i didn't really like this. It sounds like Edge hasn't a clue what the hell to do.

I laughed at the edge's comment, was quite funny and true.

gabrielvox said:
I didn't listen but unless it's Love Is Blindness, it's not even close :wink:

Very, very true. Love is Blindness is far and away Edge's best solo.

Some others:
Electric Co
Until the End of the World
Bullet(Zoo TV and Vertigo)
All I want is you
Even Better Than the real thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Pride

And a 11 o clock tick tock... listened to that for the first time in ages last night, that one is pretty damn good too.(Live from Red Rocks)

I've been waiting years to hear Edge jam out, and I thought it was pretty awesome and it was the perfect setting to do that, cus you know the band would never just freelance like that on stage; maybe in studio.

Holy shit. I've HEARD this on mp3, but never seen it, and seen who was doing what in the song. Wyclef, who is no slouch on guitar himself, honestly looks like his idol just graced him with a duet. He really does look like his musical dream came true that night. Edge is jamming the hell out of his guitar, and Wyclef adding his own spin. Thats a fucking great 8 minutes of brilliance, right there. :bow: :rockon:

As far as the title of the thread, I was just whoring attention for the sake of the Coolness of this video :whistle:

I agree with you discotheque LP, that The Fly is the Greatest solo by the Edge, bar none.

discothequeLP said:

i can't believe this isn't common knowledge already. it's THE best. period.

I agree...then bullet or LIB...the Kite solo is high on the list for me too

the studio version of all i want is you after the YOUUU ppart

givves me chills everytime with the amazing guitar solo even though its very simple

Back
Top Bottom