Best concert Survivor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
* Best concert Survivor

I see all these best song/single/non single survivor polls around wondered if the same couldnt be done for tours.

My thinking to this is that I've been looking for the best examples of each tour, but its difficult to get a concensus amongst people wheras a pole would be better.

It could be split into tours, so for example on Vertigo tour, split it into legs 1 2 3 4, and in each of those people could vote for specific shows, which could be used to give an idea of what poll options to have.

So for Vertigo leg 3, the common suggestions could be Chicago 20/21, Montreal, boston etc, and then people could vote for these on a poll.

The same would be done for all legs of all tours, till each tour had about 5 "definitive" shows. This would be a great record and promote discussion as well as advising people who are just starting their collection about what shows to get first.

I am sure you more experienced people could put together a better system.

Obviously only a small percentage of people will have heard a range of shows, but I think there are enough people on here to give a decent opinion. I would imagine most people on Interference have heard a few bootlegs of this tour at least.

There are so many other random polls that don't serve to help anyone, but this one could actually have a positive impact for a lot of people. Not everyone wants to download 900mb flac files at random.

Maybe the winning concerts could be hosted in mp3 form to savefile for those on slower/capped connections.

A lot of them are in the savefile thread. But, it seems there are only a handful of concerts people have listened to from most tours. I'm just going by all the "best live recording" responses in the past.:shrug: It would make for an interesting project, though.

u2granny said:
A lot of them are in the savefile thread.

It was that thread which gave me this idea. There were so many concerts in there that I was a bit overwhelmed. For me it isn't a problem since I am lucky to have a fast connection, and time on my hands - but for many a "one stop concert shop" would be a cool idea.

I will trawl through some threads later on to get an idea of the "best of vertigo" then maybe one of the premium members could create a poll based on those choices?

I like this idea. I have not heard a range of shows, so I might not be able to contribute much to the voting--however I know there are others out there who will have listened to all of the supposed "top" shows from each tour and would be able to contribute to this definitive collection of "must haves."

One thought though, there may be some room for bias in this poll, depending on whether the voter attended the concert or not. One may be inclined to prefer a show which they experienced. This probably wouldn't be a concern given that there's a significant geographic area represented in the poll.

maybe my Stat class brainwashed me last semester and I'm nuts :crazy:

No worries, I did have these thoughts (fellow mathematician) myself but I came to think that since there is no overall regional bias on interference, it wouldn't skew the results too much.

U2//Vertigo//2005 - Leg 1, North America

· 2005-03-28 - San Diego, California - San Diego Sports Arena (23 songs) 1
· 2005-03-30 - San Diego, California - San Diego Sports Arena (23 songs)
· 2005-04-01 - Anaheim, California - Arrowhead Pond (21 songs)
· 2005-04-02 - Anaheim, California - Arrowhead Pond (24 songs)
· 2005-04-05 - Los Angeles, California - Staples Center (24 songs)
· 2005-04-06 - Los Angeles, California - Staples Center (23 songs)
· 2005-04-09 - San Jose, California - HP Pavilion (23 songs)
· 2005-04-10 - San Jose, California - HP Pavilion (24 songs)
· 2005-04-14 - Glendale, Arizona - Glendale Arena (24 songs) 1
· 2005-04-15 - Glendale, Arizona - Glendale Arena (22 songs) 1,2,3
· 2005-04-20 - Denver, Colorado - Pepsi Center (24 songs)
· 2005-04-21 - Denver, Colorado - Pepsi Center (22 songs)
· 2005-04-24 - Seattle, Washington - Key Arena (24 songs)
· 2005-04-25 - Seattle, Washington - Key Arena (23 songs)
· 2005-04-28 - Vancouver, British Columbia - GM Place (23 songs)
· 2005-04-29 - Vancouver, British Columbia - GM Place (24 songs)
· 2005-05-07 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center (23 songs)
· 2005-05-09 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center (25 songs) 1
· 2005-05-10 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center (25 songs)
· 2005-05-12 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center (23 songs) 1,2,3,4,5
· 2005-05-14 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center (23 songs)
· 2005-05-17 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - Continental Airlines Arena (25 songs)
· 2005-05-18 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - Continental Airlines Arena (22 songs)
· 2005-05-21 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden (24 songs)
· 2005-05-22 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center (22 songs)
· 2005-05-24 - Boston, Massachusetts - Fleet Center (22 songs)
· 2005-05-26 - Boston, Massachusetts - Fleet Center (22 songs) 1,2,3
· 2005-05-28 - Boston, Massachusetts - Fleet Center (25 songs) 1,2

The shows in bold are the ones I have seen mentioned, with the rough number of people as the numbers at the end. If anyone has any additions, just post here and I will edit the numbers. After a day or so, the top ones can be picked for a multiple choice (not poll).

Back
Top Bottom