Best Closer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Closing Track?

• Shadows and Tall Trees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is That All?

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Scarlet ([b]should[/b] have closed October)

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • MLK

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Mothers of the Disappeared

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • All I Want Is You

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Love is Blindness

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Grace

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
All I Want Is You....after all, it was the only one of those released as a single(I'm not implying that all the singles are the best songs either....!):eyebrow:

While I think AIWIY is the much better song, I'm gonna cast my (probably lone) vote for best closer as Is That All, since it's the only closer U2 has ever done that makes me want to dance. "Oh, singing this song makes me happy!"

For me it's a five-way tie between 40, MLK, Mothers of the Disappeared, AIWIY and Love is Blindness. I absolutely love all those songs and they close their albums on a perfect note.

I had a tough time choosing between "40" and "MLK". In the end I chose "MLK" since it's probably the band's most beautiful song.

I voted Mothers of the disappeared but I'm tied with AIWIY. Love is blindness was a great live closingsong but the albumversion depresses me. 40 kicked ass live but not on the album.

Grace. It kind of sums up the whole complex thing. Completely summing it up is impossible, but this comes the closest, and that's the best way to close a show. Actually, if you'd put "Walk On" in there I would have voted for it. That sums up alot, too.

LOVE IS BLINDNESS is a great closer. That's one of the reasons I like listening to Zoo tv era boots because of this great closer!!:cool:

verte76 said:
Grace. It kind of sums up the whole complex thing. Completely summing it up is impossible, but this comes the closest, and that's the best way to close a show. Actually, if you'd put "Walk On" in there I would have voted for it. That sums up alot, too.

So YOU'RE the other one. :)

Achtung Bubba said:

So YOU'RE the other one. :)

Uh, yes! That would have absolutely torn me up in Atlanta at the post--9/11 show in November. As it turned out "Walk On" absolutely tore me up, as did "New York" and "One". Man, I cried buckets.

Back
Top Bottom