Best Buy to Release Boston DVD EARLY!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysterious_Ways

The Fly
Best Buy apparently has some type of marketing arrangement and will
begin selling the Boston DVD & VHS on Tues., Nov. 20th (a full 2
weeks earlier than other stores!)

From www.atu2.com:

ELEVATION HOME VIDEO UPDATE: In North America, the official and full
release date of the Elevation Tour 2001: U2 Live in Boston home video
is December 4th. BUT ... through what we assume is an exclusive
marketing arrangement, Best Buy stores will be selling the DVD and
VHS exclusively a full two weeks earlier, beginning on November 20th.
(You may remember Best Buy being listed early on as one of the tour
sponsors in an official news release.) In the UK/Europe, the video is
still listed with a November 26th release date. And there are no such
exclusive pre-sales with any particular retailer that we know of.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

For some reason I thought that they had always been saying it would be released on Nov. 20th. Whatever. I need to find a Best Buy.

Awesome! I love Best Buy, and now even more so. As far as I know, they're mostly in the Western and Central US, but I guess they're expanding into the South and East coast. Try BestBuy.com if you want to find a store nearby. Our Canadian friends may have to drive to Michigan to find one.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by bonoiswubbus:
Here in Canada I think it has always been the plan to have it released on November 20th, and I don't even think we have Best Buy's here.

it is scheduled for december 4th release on future shop's web site. we don't have best buy but future shop has recently been taken over by best buy so i wonder if the deal will carry over to canada and future shop will get the disc(s) early.

------------------
always wear your safety belt

I will definitely be making the 1 hr drive to the nearest Best Buy. Can't wait!! It's only 12 days away!

Se7en--i know they have a website with online ordering so perhaps.

------------------
Here comes the sun . . .

Now I'm really excited about this!!! I get to see the boys on the 19th and the next day get up bright and early to do 2 things:

1. Get a damn FLU shot &

2. Get my U2 DVD!!!!!!!!

Now I'm really happy to have that whole week offf!!! Thanks for the tip all!! You've made my day!

I checked Best Buy's website, but it still says Dec. 4!!!!!! I hope they'll do online orders for it on Nov. 20 also!

why does it say 1 cd, is'et it a 2 dvd set? for me its ok there is a best buy and a mall and tower records and alot of shit like 20 min ride.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Anyone hear anything about a special U2 CD being given away on the 23rd at Best Buy? So far I have heard that Best Buy will open early on the 23rd (7am at my store). One rumor I heard said they would be giving a U2 CD away as people came in the store. When I called my Best Buy yesterday I was told you would get a special CD with the purchase of the DVD, but only on Friday and there would be a limited number so I should get there early. Went to Best Buy last night and my husband was told that there was no CD giveaway, that they were re-releasing the Best Of with the B Sides at a special price, but then he said something about a special CD, not the B sides that you could buy. I just checked the Best Buy site and can't find any information about a "special" CD at Best Buy on Friday. Anyone know the real story? I really want to buy the DVD today, but I will wait until Friday if buying it will get me an extra U2 goodie. HELP!

Lemongirl

mauhaha I picked up the DVD this morning at 11 and it was the last one!! Sure maybe there were some others in the back but whatever. It was amsuing to find the last one out sitting under some copies of Rattle&Hum
wink.gif
However, i can't exactly watch it til my roommate gets a player next week. Oh well
wink.gif

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Back
Top Bottom