Best Buy; No Buy scecial CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
I just called my local Best Buy. Planned to get up early on Fri morn and run over to be one of the first 50 in line and get a special edition U2 CD. However, they "surprise" had no clue when I called and after 10 minutes on hold, said they had no idea what I was talking about. I guess the phone call saved some sleep for me!!!

I didn't even try for the VHS. U2????

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 11-21-2001).]

Our Best Buy didn't even put the Boston DVD up in the front, they were in the back of the store, facing a wall.
mad.gif

So much for U2 Tuesday!
I read somewhere that every Best Buy is going to have different give aways, try another store.

Thanks Nica! But !No luck! Only one store per Upstate city (ie, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse) Don't think I'll drive an hour to an hour 1/2 either way. Maybe I'll find one on eBay!

I'm hoping my husband gets me the DVD for my birthday next week. We don't have a DVD player, but I think my CD-rom drive on my computer plays DVDs too!
cool.gif

I've always loved shopping at Best Buy, but, apparently, it is only enjoyable if you don't have to deal much with their staff.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I was just at the amherst, NY best buy too... had my mom buy me the DVD today for xmas. didn't see the special cd...most times they have them attached to each package. so i let it slide, went home. i thought maybe it was inside. then i saw others saying they didn't get it as well. went BACK to the amherst store, talked to 4 incompetent workers including a manager who said they don't have a special cd, don't know what i'm talking about. i'm like EVERYONE I KNOW (ok that's a lie) BOUGHT THE DVD AND GOT THE EXCLUSIVE CD!...i told them ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET YOU LOOK YOU CAN FIND INFO ABOUT THIS SPECIAL 3 TRACK CD! I CAN EVEN TELL YOU WHAT THE SONGS ARE!!!...the manager got mad at me, and said, well its not in the sales ad, we don't have a cd, i've sold about 10 of these and no one got a bonus cd. so I got the customer service number and i'm going to look at the site to complain - I WANT THE CD! it's the only reason i had my mom buy it today and not weeks from now closer to xmas...(since i can't have it til xmas, and don't yet have a dvd player...didn't really need it today)....

i guess one good thing is when i went this morning the display was out..had to ask to get one, they filled the display again, and when i went back a few hrs later it was empty again...

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Back
Top Bottom