Best Buy and 20th Anniversary of Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes and I pre-ordered it. Bought it before the price went up to 49.99. I got it for 35.99.

well pre-ordered online.

The Best Buy page shows a list price of $59.99, and an "our price" of $49.99. I have to agree with Reggie that there will likely be an additional sale price that will last the first week after its debut.

At least that's what I'm banking on.

The Black Friday ads for both Best Buy and Circuit City have leaked, and The Joshua Tree is not part of them.

So make sure to get it on Tuesday or Wednesday as the new release price will only be in effect those two days (instead of the usual first week).

I was pretty sure that even if JT was in the black friday ad, there wouldn't be a deal on the deluxe.

powerhour24 said:
I was pretty sure that even if JT was in the black friday ad, there wouldn't be a deal on the deluxe.

Really, why not? Note, check the Circuit City add too...they compete with Best Buy and they're usually a dollar or so lower, and Best Buy will price match.

The Website will display the sale price come the day for all the versions...still I'm guessing the price will be closer to $35 for the 'Deluxe' version...:yes:

As I posted in the other JT thread, the Best Buy site already lists the "sale price" for albums coming out on 11/20 if they are indeed going to be on sale. See the entries for the new albums by Led Zep, Amy Winehouse and NIN on 11/20. They all say "on sale," while the U2 set doesn't. I hate to say it, but I don't think it will be appearing in the Sunday ad and I don't think it will be available in stores for lower than 49.99.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

they usually do, i couldnt find the vertigo dvd deluxe edition anywhere until i went to best buy

I would NOT recommend going to Best Buy on Black Friday. I went at 5 A.M. about two years ago just to see what it's like. The line to get in was out the door, it was about 22 degrees, and the check-out lines went to the back of the store. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything. It was kind of exciting, though.

Yeah, we have cops directing traffic and keeping shoppers from killing eachother outside the Best Buy on Black Friday. Ah, consumerism, gotta love it!:sad:

People camp out at Best Buy Thanksgiving night and wake up and line up the next morning on Black Friday. ITS INSANE.

My coworker and her mom did this once.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Really, why not? Note, check the Circuit City add too...they compete with Best Buy and they're usually a dollar or so lower, and Best Buy will price match.

The Website will display the sale price come the day for all the versions...still I'm guessing the price will be closer to $35 for the 'Deluxe' version...:yes:

If you find it for $35, it will be a loss leader for whoever has it. I know my wholesale cost, and it's more than that, but less than the $49.99 sale price you are seeing online. And the regular version is definitely on schedule for 11/20, as my connection had it today. Unfortunately he did not have the limited versions in stock early, much to my disappointment. No bragging rights for me :(

I don't know if Best Buy does this, but Amazon offers a "best price" guarantee... If you pre-order something from them and the price drops between the time you order and the time it ships, they give you the lowest price. I've benefitted from this a couple of times.

Lila64 said:

If you find it for $35, it will be a loss leader for whoever has it. I know my wholesale cost, and it's more than that, but less than the $49.99 sale price you are seeing online. And the regular version is definitely on schedule for 11/20, as my connection had it today. Unfortunately he did not have the limited versions in stock early, much to my disappointment. No bragging rights for me :(

Well then I expect to see it at $39 to $42 then...:yes:

I EXPECT!!! :shifty:

dawnboo said:
I don't know if Best Buy does this, but Amazon offers a "best price" guarantee... If you pre-order something from them and the price drops between the time you order and the time it ships, they give you the lowest price. I've benefitted from this a couple of times.

Best Buy will price match, if you bring in the other add...:up:

In case someone looks in this thread instead...

Just saw the Best Buy ad for Sunday-Wednesday. The deluxe version will be on sale for $39.99 on Tuesday and Wednesday. The regular 2CD set will be $19.99.

It wasn't in the Circuit City ad, but perhaps it will be on sale there as well.

Has anyone else ordered the deluxe version from CD-wow.us and had their order disappear from the your order history? I ordered it on Oct 31st for 23.95, and apparently they deleted the order. I guess that was too good of a deal for them to honor. Well, I will never order from CD-WoW again.

Just bought my copy at Best Buy in Olathe, Kansas. They probably had about a half dozen super deluxe versions on the shelf but I'm sure they have more in stock.

Got mine for $34.99! (I had a $5 Reward Zone coupon)

Back
Top Bottom