Best bootlegs - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2002, 06:17 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:51 AM
I never realized that "soundboard" was a different thing from "broadcast." Just goes to show you're never too old for the adage: You learn something new every day!

In that case, I'll change my stance to preferring bootlegs where the sound quality is great.

Old 12-14-2002, 07:59 PM   #22
Refugee

One of my favorites that I have had in my car for months now is Oakland 11/15/2001, Bono tells the cigarette story which kills me every time, and Sunday Bloody Sunday rocks, the crowd goes wild after Bono yells out "Osama Bin Laden you can kiss my royal Irish arse", great crowd moment!! Great show, Bono seemed extra chatty that night

Old 12-14-2002, 09:32 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2SJ
One of my favorites that I have had in my car for months now is Oakland 11/15/2001, Bono tells the cigarette story which kills me every time, and Sunday Bloody Sunday rocks, the crowd goes wild after Bono yells out "Osama Bin Laden you can kiss my royal Irish arse", great crowd moment!! Great show, Bono seemed extra chatty that night
Bono was very chatty that night! That's part of what made it so special. And I loved the cigarette story. And I loved the little girl he put on his shoulders and took around (she was only about 20 people behind me in the GA line). I loved the people around me in the line and I loved the people I met in the heart.

OK, I think I went OT here, but that was a great show for me (probably the only time I will ever get my hubby to go GA to a show with me!)
Old 12-14-2002, 09:59 PM   #24
Refugee

U2Lynne- Where were you in the heart that night? I was with my friend (her 1st U2 show!) and we were on Edges side inside by the tip of the heart...It was a special night for me too, Dallas gave me a Bono pick that night and I met spanisheyes and debbiesg....we didn't meet up on the way in? You probably would have remembered me, I made quite a scene after security took my camera and then nearly took me out that night anyways, great memories! Bono was in a great mood that night!
Aren't you bummed there is no VHS boot?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:12 PM   #25
War Child

Quote:
U2Lynne- Where were you in the heart that night? I was with my friend (her 1st U2 show!) and we were on Edges side inside by the tip of the heart...It was a special night for me too,

You probably would have remembered me, I made quite a scene after security took my camera and then nearly took me out that night anyways, great memories! Bono was in a great mood that night!
Aren't you bummed there is no VHS boot?
I was right where you were! I was in the heart, about 10 people from the tip on Edges side and YES!!! I remember a gal right in front of me while going in who got stopped for trying to go in when they wanted to take her camera. Was that you? You then got in and were right in back of me walking *really* fast and you got all excited as you got close to getting into the heart and said something like 'Oh my gosh, I got in anyway' or something like that. I can't remember. I met up with this guy and his two sisters and we all hung out together in the heart with this other guy who was in charge of taking pictures. We had such a blast!

And yeah, I haven't found a tape of that show yet either. I don't think there is a video taper up in this area and I'm not brave enough.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:21 PM   #26
Refugee

Yep, then we were definitely close, I was like 4 people from the tip... Ya know that whole scene with my camera was so horrible, it was like my worst nightmare, we were numbers 55-56 in line, there since 6am, and then they wanted to kick me out cuz of my camera!!!! I almost started crying so then they let us back in, and I did kinda run like hell! I would love to see your pics, are they up somewhere? I have seen very few of Oakland
Yeah, you are right, we must not have a taper up here cuz so far neither San Jose show, nor either Oakland show have shown up on video...
Old 12-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #27
War Child

Quote:
I would love to see your pics, are they up somewhere?
Hubby took great pictures of San Jose, but when we were in line for Oakland, we talked to the guards several times and they were very adamant that we could not take pictures. I had hubby take the camera back to the car before the show (so we wouldn't get stopped). So, we have no pictures from there.

We were numbers 98 and 99 in Oakland, I think. We got there just before 9:00 (had to drop the kids off at school first. I live in Sunnyvale).
Old 12-15-2002, 12:58 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:51 AM
Ok, just a couple of things.

First, no one mentioned probebly one of the best "quality" bootlegs out there.

Back In Denver 11-7-87 soundboard (re-master of the direct video feed that was used for the Caught on 35mm Black and White" bootleg. This is probebly one of the best "quality wise" U2 bootlegs out there.

Regarding ear feeds. I dont think you have good ear feeds then. Personally, I would rather hear the band over the crowd anyday.
Sorry, but hearing some girl scream Bono I Love you at the top her lungs or some drunk yelling UUUUU 2222 the whole show isnt appealing to me. The audience recordings that are good IMO are the ones that have little crowd noise. But I have had this argument before. Most of the great ear feeds out there are not circulating. So there is your answer. Also, a little remastering goes a long way on alot of ear feeds I remastered the 3-22-01 Miami rehearsal and it almost sounds like a direct soundboard now.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #29
AM
Refugee

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Also, a little remastering goes a long way on alot of ear feeds I remastered the 3-22-01 Miami rehearsal and it almost sounds like a direct soundboard now.

I like good sound quality as well. Listen, I got Bonoīs earpiece recording from the rehearsals, but I donīt relly like them because you canīt hear Adam at all. And U2 without Adam isnīt U2. Is there chance you might be willing to share your remastered piece??? Iīd be such a happy girl
Old 12-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:51 PM
I agree with Blue Room, 11-7-87 is awesome. I bought on cassette in Dublin for $5 and it sounds better than most of the Soundboard CDs that I have! I'd like to start converting a lot of my cassette boots to CD though. A great show from the Boy Tour is the PINKPOP Festival in June 1981! Its the last or second to last show of the Boy Tour, and the band sound amazing! Blows away the March 6, 1981 show even though thats a great show.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:41 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 10:51 AM
my fav at the moment is popmart santiago (31.01.98)
Old 12-16-2002, 09:54 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:51 PM
where does one procure such things?
Old 12-16-2002, 11:17 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO
bootlegs? www.u2bloodredsky.com is my fave, especially with the new catalog and ratings. It works best with an FTP client though, it's hard to get on. www.u2-flom.de is good for reading track lists, reviews, cover art, and such info on specific bootlegs.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:32 AM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Tart
my fav at the moment is popmart santiago (31.01.98)
1998/1/31 was Sao Paulo. 1998/2/11 was Santiago. Both are solid performances and broadcasts, so I can see how you could confuse them.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:23 AM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO
There are several mailing lists that deal exclusively with U2 live recordings. Two good ones are ElevaSHN and U2trading. Both can be found on Yahoo Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com). With the ElevaSHN mailinglist you also get instructions to get on Direct Connect (a peer-to-peer network for SHN-files, so only attractive when you have a broadband connection, but nevertheless very useful then).

C ya!

Marty
Old 12-17-2002, 09:40 AM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by typhoon

1998/1/31 was Sao Paulo. 1998/2/11 was Santiago. Both are solid performances and broadcasts, so I can see how you could confuse them.
Exactly
Old 12-18-2002, 06:18 AM   #37
Refugee

Local Time: 04:51 PM
POPMART Tel Aviv!! Fokin gorgeous soundboard recording, and great performance. Bono had really funny moments, and Miami is awesome! Aswell HMKMTMKL, LNOE and EBTTRT, WTSHNN and all of them

"I dont wanna leave, I dont wanna leave... TelAviv"
Old 12-18-2002, 06:59 PM   #38
The Fly

Local Time: 09:51 AM
6/6/01 IEM that was remastered by a trading friend of mine. The version of New York on this show is one of my all time favorites.