Best Bono guitar "solo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick Bono's best guitar "solo"

• Running to Stand Still (12/26/89)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Running to Stand Still (Vertigo Tour)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • One (Irving Plaza)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Gone (Elevation Boston)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Staring at the Sun (Popmart Mexico City)

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMScoopy

Refugee
I know these arent what you'd call tradtional guitar solos, but which one is best?

No comments like "Bono plays guitar?!" etc, etc :madspit:

:wink:

THE FIRST OPTION SHOULD BE 12/26/89 X-MAS AT POINT DEPOT!!!!!

Last edited:
Bono can play guitar and he can play it really well. I don't know if anything that you have selected can be called solos, they're more like intros to me though. Anyway I voted on Staring At The Sun cause I remember how unexpected that was to me when I first saw it. Not only it sounded great but it wasn’t The Edge, it was Bono! It fitted the song so well. I wish he would play more guitar in this tour.

macphisto23 said:
Bono plays guitar?:scratch:

He actually played guitar really well last night and more often than usual - and Norwegian Wood was just him alone and he played that well. Just that he's pretty strictly a rhythm guitarist so they kinda get lost in the mix.

MrBrau1 said:

That's Bono? Awesome. That is a good solo.

I first read that quote before I had heard the song, and I thought he must have been joking in a sarcastic way, because everyone says Bono's such a bad guitarist. But he's right; it's really good.
I also have a video of the band performing "In God's Country" on some TV show, and Bono's guitar on that is pretty decent as well.

Thanks to the Mod that fixed that error!

Yeah the Dancing Barefoot solo is his best, however, this poll is based on live stuff. Bono does a lot more guitar stuff on albums than you think!

I love Lillywhite's comment about Bono and his guitar in the HTDAAB dvd :laugh:

Azor said:
I love Lillywhite's comment about Bono and his guitar in the HTDAAB dvd :laugh:

"We tried to stop Bono from playing guitar."

Cut to bono jamming to All Because of You. (why he doesnt play like that on tour i'll never know.)

"Unfortunatley, some of it does seep through the grooves."

Cut to Bono playing a good riff on SYCMIOYO.

1.) Why did they try to stop Bono from playing guitar? :mad:

2.) And why is it unfortunate that "some if it does seep through the grooves?" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:

No, its the acoustic couch mix from the HTDAAB Bonus DVD

Bonos playing the falcon and edge on acoustic.
What i mean is, the riff bono plays while sitting on the couch is the same riff adam plays on his bass on the standard version. at least, i think it is...i haven't figured either one of them out.

Thanks for the file...and yes i knew about ysi being replaced...i often wonder where we would be without .com as U2 fans.

blueyedpoet said:

Thanks for the file...and yes i knew about ysi being replaced...i often wonder where we would be without .com as U2 fans.

How'd you like that version? Isn't B's guitar louder?

Back
Top Bottom