Best Bono falsetto bit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Just thought I would share mine and like to ask.
Whats everyones best Bono falsetto bit in an album/studio song?

Mine would have to be in If God Will Send His Angels right after 'And I don't have to know how.. and I don't need to know why.. And I don't want to promise because I don't want to lie.. Just know that I need you tonight... *insert falseto here*

BrownEyedBoy said:
Mine would be at the end of Heartland... just amazing crystal clear falsetto.

oh man, that one is great! it's not even really falsetto, like 'Lemon,' it's just a great big shout with his throat wide open. . . it's amazing.

i don't think this counts as a real falsetto, but on the Popheart EP, at the very end of Streets, after Edge's last notes ring out, Bono gives really really AMAZING falsetto shout. . . does anyone know what i'm talking about?! its so good!

I don't know if this counts because it's not a U2 song, but the falsetto bit he does in the song In a Lifetime that he did with Clannad back in the '80s is just unreal. Too bad it only lasts a few seconds. The only other singer I can think of who achieved that kind of ethereal beauty while singing falsetto is Jeff Buckley.

im gonna take a different route and say the end of night and day. i love that part....

i have to say it was the time larry punched him in the balls

best falsetto ever

in laymans terms, to sing falsetto is to sing high pitched, like when a dude sings like a chick

i.e. many Tori Amos songs, Kate Bush, Sigur Ros, Thom Yorke on on Idiotheque, Chris Martin on Speed Of Sound (and many others), and especially like Jeff Buckley on Hallelujah (possibly the best falsetto in rock history)

people who don't sing with falsetto:

johnny cash
leonard cohen
barry white

a funny song about falsettos is by "They Might Be Giants" called "How Can I Sing Like A Girl"

explorer said:
im gonna take a different route and say the end of night and day. i love that part....

But that's not falsetto ... that's Bono singing in his normal range, and sounding real angry about it.

But it's pretty cool, all the same. :wink:

www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
:|

Appreciate it Neutral! Now that I know what it is, I'll have to listen more, because I can't give an answer at the moment I haven't really listened for falsettos. I do like Edge's very much though, at the end of Stuck. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom