Best and Lamest U2 video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Tree Still

Acrobat
Best:

With or Without You - how cool was that? That video set the tone for the JT-era U2 that everyone loved! Bono looks about as cool in that video as he ever has.

Worst:

Angel of Harlem - Could they recycle more shots in that video? BOR-ING!!! Looked like they used some 70's-era Sesame Street b-roll of kids on the sidewalk in there too.

another " bash U2 , adore U2 " thread , hehehehe , i like that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

best video : Numb

Worst or lamest :

Elevation

best - wouldnt know but lemos is close

worst- elevation, they couldve done something so much better, and joseph kahn mistaked u2 for britney or nsync and did such a cheesy video. it couldve been so much better

cheers

Best - Please (hon mentions: Lemon, TGBHF, EBTTRT)

Worst (at least most annoyingly destructive of the representative song) - Stuck (US version)

BEST:- ISHFWILF, I love this clip as it just seems very natural and kinda catches the guys looking very happy during a time when they were starting to be ppercieved as very 'deep', I would love to think that the clip was completely un-scrippted, it looks as if it is, I also love it cause Bono looks really mischeivious in it as well and I also love All I want is you- this clip is beautiful the black and white photography is great and the story just goes along so well with the music- the soaring string sections with Edge's guitar moving along with the images of the trapeze is just so fitting and another of my faves is Stay- I really think that Wim Wenders did a great job of directing this, whilst it is not that original as it shares the same storyline as his movie- Wings of desire- it comes out looking so nice and it is very haunting and I just love the shots of Bono abreast of that huge statue in Berlin........

WORST: I cant really think of any to add here, but Disco didnt sit to well with me, the Village people never really did it for me and some of the early ones could have been better, but then the budgets were not as big back then and things were different I guess:)

oh yes I was just reminded then of the US version of Stuck with the lemons and the flys all set in that football match- that one is the worst for sure, I mean what were they thinking and when you compare it to the other version you just got to wonder why on earth they thought the football version would be better for the US market:confused:

Last edited:
I happen to find the U.S. version of "Stuck" to be rather humorous. Great video imo.

Best: Streets.

Worst: Elevation.

SkeeK said:
Worst (at least most annoyingly destructive of the representative song) - Stuck (US version)
good god YES!! *breaks down crying* i hate this damn video, it's just...ugh. those who think U2 went teeniebopper with that song just had it reaffirmed with that crap video. the european version however, makes the song all the much better.

Best: "Elevation" (yes, I liked the video...the song isn't that deep, therefore, I didn't expect much from the video. kind of like a summer popcorn flick); "Even Better Than the Real Thing"; "Staring at the Sun"; "Sweetest Thing" (makes me laugh)

Worst: "Stuck In A Moment..." (U.S. version. the song is deep, therefore, the video shouldn't be stupid. should have gotten that Anton Corbijn guy to do it...)

That is all...

...and there was much rejoicing...

BEST: oooh...Too many choices! I'm going to go with my standard NYC version of "One" (hubba hubba :lol: :lol:), giving honorable mentions to Stuck in a Moment (European version!) and Stay (Faraway, so close!)

LAMEST: I Will Follow (the one in the white room). Man, it's just PAINFUL to watch that video now...I feel so embarrassed for them!

Best - All I Want Is You. The most beautifully made Video ever!!! It even has a story to it!!
Numb, Desire and EBTTRT are great too!

Lamest - LNOE

I get sick of seeing ISHFWILF and Beautiful Day.:yuck:

Best = Sweetest Thing, ISHFWILF, One (drag version)
Honorable Mentions = Stay, WOWY, Numb, Desire :)drool: ), HMTMKMKM, and EBTTRT
Worst = Unforgettable Fire (Larry looks really sexy but the video makes no sense whatsoever and Bono has a mullet), also Angel of Harlem because it's boring.

Even though videos like I Will Follow and A Celebration are really bad, but they're so bad that they make me laugh hysterically, therefore I :heart: them.

Best: Unforgettable Fire. It's beautiful and artistically done and was ahead its time. I think the guys all look absolutely beautiful in it, and the visuals go well with the mood of the song.

Worst: Disco was very dumb and so lame, but the worst is probably the Staring at the Sun Miami version. Honorable mention- AIWIY, the black and white midget thing, WTF??!!

Last edited:
Best is ISHFWILF and lamest is One buffalo version because they weren't even in it.

Best: All I Want Is You (love that video!)

Worst: Stuck(need I say more?)

Best: I enjoy Unforgettable Fire, Pride (both versions), and I Will Follow is sooo amusing to watch.

Worst: Without a doubt this goes to The Sweetest Thing. Ugh. That video is so painful to watch. It has made me really dislike the song in general. Something about it looks so lame!!!! Maybe the fake expressions Bono is going after and can't quite get right....just seems sort of cheesy.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
Worst = Unforgettable Fire (Larry looks really sexy but the video makes no sense whatsoever and Bono has a mullet
Oh yessss, Bono has a mullet in that video...:drool:

I like the US version of Stuck!

Best: One (Bono in the Bar) or Sweetest Thing

Worst: Myterious Ways (Bono probably looks hot in that red shirt, but I can't tell because of the crazy filming. It makes me sea sick to watch that video.)

I should however note, that Falling Star's sig gif makes me :sick:

Last edited:
Best: Stay-not to arty nor is it too plain. Wenders finds a good balance...and who wouldn't want the band helping you play your instruments........close second is Love is Blindness....the pacing of the video is brilliant.

Worst: Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses-just kind of thrown together....the song is not a throwaway so the video shouldn't be either.

Back
Top Bottom