Best Album Survivor: Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Interference has decided that Original Soundtracks 1 is the second worst U2 album; it has been kicked off of our island. Now it is time for round three of Best Album Survivor. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite remaining album.

The ranking as of present:
12. Original Soundtracks 1
13. October

3 people voted for Boy already?!? It's one of my favorite debuts of all time.

I should have voted strategically. I don't like Bomb all that much more than ATYCLB.

Wow. Boy has 4 votes already? Something is seriously wrong with this part of the forum.

I'm having a tough time here.

ATYCLB has 5 songs I like, 2 boring arse songs, 1 indifferent, and three horrible ones.

War has 6 good songs, 2 meh songs and 2 horrible ones.

And Rattle and Hum still isn't really an album.

I guess ATYCLB has to go.

I'm still on the fence between War and Bomb, but at this point War may be a wasted vote, so I'll go with Bomb. But War- don't get comfortable.

War, again. i think it's going to take a few more rounds.

Bomb now is fine for me as well.

I voted for Hutdab, but realized I really wanted to vote for R&H. Oh well. I don't care enough to beg and plead for digitize to try and change it. ;)

corianderstem said:
I voted for Hutdab, but realized I really wanted to vote for R&H. Oh well. I don't care enough to beg and plead for digitize to try and change it. ;)

I'm more than willing to change it if you'd like

Btw, Boy is one of the best debut albums ever. And ppl are voting out Boy while they can vote out ATYCLB and Bomb. Go figure.

I caved. I voted the way I did because my other choice only has 1 vote, so it's not like I could have helped it along any faster. I don't see it making it past the next round or so, though.

So... I would like to humbly request that voting strategically be avoided, because it skews results. I obviously can't force people to not do it, but I definitely discourage it.

Wouldn't it be more fun/interesting if the results of each round were made public only after the polling closed (what I'm trying to say is so we couldn't see voting in progress)?

Wouldn't it be more fun/interesting if the results of each round were made public only after the polling closed (what I'm trying to say is so we couldn't see voting in progress)?

It's been tried before. I believe the number of votes plummeted. This is really my biggest issue with this format.

So... I would like to humbly request that voting strategically be avoided, because it skews results. I obviously can't force people to not do it, but I definitely discourage it.

Hmmm. Well, if you're not going to have strategic voting, what's the point? "Skewing" the results, away from, what? Accuracy? Please.

I mean, it is "Survivor", right? By definition, I think a big part of it is strategic voting. Otherwise, it might just as well be a normal rate the song/album series of polls, right?

We're not really talking about scientific results here anyway, so what not let people have some fun with it? I think anyone whose been here a while could list the ranking all the records would get right now, and at most only be wrong in one or two slots.

Strategic voting might yield some surprises in what will likely be otherwise very predictable results. And you did say people could vote on any criteria they wished...which is what they are going to do anyway.

cobl04 said:
Boy rules, y'all are idiots

The only reason I voted for Hut Dab over War is I'd like to see War have more representation.

Boy is a great debut album, but I like more songs on HTDAAB than I do on Boy. :shrug:

ATYCLB still isn't dead, but Passengers - one of U2's finest artistic achievements - is? Though I won't mind if HTDAAB carks it first. Both are on about the same level.

Stunned by the votes for Boy. It's only U2's second best album!

Back
Top Bottom