Best Album Survivor: Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I accidently voted for my favorite album JT. OOPS! :lol: I would have said Passengers but I do not consider it a U2 album. Out of what I consider U2 albums I would have voted October. Out of what is left I voted Zooropa. I know I'm in the minority, but it has two or three songs that I really like and that is it.

Still voting ATYCLB until it's gone. So no strategic voting here. But man it's hard to see my 3rd favourite U2 album second in votes right now.

Hmmm. Well, if you're not going to have strategic voting, what's the point? "Skewing" the results, away from, what? Accuracy? Please.

I mean, it is "Survivor", right? By definition, I think a big part of it is strategic voting. Otherwise, it might just as well be a normal rate the song/album series of polls, right?

We're not really talking about scientific results here anyway, so what not let people have some fun with it? I think anyone whose been here a while could list the ranking all the records would get right now, and at most only be wrong in one or two slots.

Strategic voting might yield some surprises in what will likely be otherwise very predictable results. And you did say people could vote on any criteria they wished...which is what they are going to do anyway.

You make very reasonable points.

As far as strategic voting goes, love it or hate it, that's been a part of Survivor pretty much ever since it began. The level of strategic voting has never really changed whether it has been encouraged or discouraged.

I'll start voting strategically if Boy becomes any more under threat. The only album that should survive longer than it is UF. Honestly, they're the only two U2 albums I really listen to in full any more ... well, and Passengers via my longstanding Elvis Ate America-less version.

Still voting ATYCLB until it's gone. So no strategic voting here. But man it's hard to see my 3rd favourite U2 album second in votes right now.

These things are always tough on us. It's not easy watching albums that are close to our hearts being shot down and trash talked. :sad: You must try to take deep calming breaths, and count to ten, and know in your heart these times/rounds will pass. :zen:

:D

gvox said:
Anyone who voted Boy so early probably kills kittens and kicks puppies for jollies.

I voted for Boy, and I don't kill kitties or kick puppies. But All That You Can't Leave Behind is my 3rd favorite U2 album, so I must just be crazy. :wink:

boy

*ducks brickbats*
:p

i don't think is a great debut album.... except for the incredible IWF/OOC powerhuses
why'd i stuck around
1>b/c IWF/OOC were/are such powerhouses
2> i read short but very enthusiastic Live Review of U2(before they hit the USA) by a musuc zine editor I trusted
3> i read a long interview w U2 same editor that impressed me alot so I'd keep an eye on them

and since i don't know to vote strategically with y'all yu'll prob win anyway

too bad there's such distain for HutDub :tsk:

lazarus said:
This is how I feel.

Really?

City of Blinding Lights is the only song I'd take put up with I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, Out of Control, A Day Without Me, The Electric Co or Shadows and Tall Trees (realise I'm in the minority on that one).

Really?

City of Blinding Lights is the only song I'd take put up with I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, Out of Control, A Day Without Me, The Electric Co or Shadows and Tall Trees (realise I'm in the minority on that one).

I struggle to think of any song from HTDAAB that I think is worthy of being rated as high as the lowliest tracks from Boy.

There is only 1 track - ONE TRACK! - on Boy that is worse than any and all of the tracks on Dismantle.

Shadows and Tall Trees

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either tone deaf or clinically insane! Probably both!

Third time in a row I'm voting for Bomb, it has more than two songs I don't like on it, which is more than any other U2 album.

Really?

I agree with you, COBL is the only song on that album which to my ears is on a par with some of U2's best. Boy is simply stunning and in my top 5 U2 albums.

Back
Top Bottom